Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Should I go with the Epson 72???

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 jmiku

jmiku

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 20 2009 - 08:42 AM

Hello Everyone,

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section but I was hoping someone can help me out. I am looking into getting a Epson 72 projector for my home use. Here's what I am trying to do. I would like a portable projector because I would like to use is outdoors in the summer months. I would also like something HD. It seems that the Epson 72 is a great buy at under 1000 dollars. But will it hold up if I watch sports with it. For example, I would like to use it for the big sporting events like the Super Bowl.

Any advice would be great. Such as, is there a better project to use in my 1000 dollars price range? I like the fact that the Epson 72 has a DVD player built in and I can hook up a Blu-ray player too.

#2 of 3 Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh

Producer

• 5,183 posts

Posted April 21 2009 - 02:48 PM

Hi John - welcome to HTF!

These projectors are outstanding for parties and special event showings. I cannot give personal recommendation on the equipment so I am going to move this post over to the Display Devices fourm where more people will projectors hang out.

It will totally 'hold up' for sports. But people with projectors often have a more traditional TV for more casual TV watching.

Goodl luck and enjoy your stay.

#3 of 3 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted April 21 2009 - 07:07 PM

Is the Epson 72 you're looking at new? If not, I hope you know the person. Do you plan to use only the built-in speakers? If so, I think it would work well for you. Art at Projectorreviews.com has a review there you should read. He was pretty impressed with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users