Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Star Trek: TOS - Season 1 on Blu = AWESOME

Bill Hunt

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 of 31 OFFLINE   Bill McCamy

Bill McCamy

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted May 15 2009 - 11:37 AM

Slightly off topic, but I did not want to start a new thread. I have a question about Bill's comments in his initial impressions of the new Star Trek movie (at the Bits) that it respected all the previous continuity, including the Enterprise series. While Archer is no where to be seen as the Enterprise begins its maiden voyage, is continuity respected because of Nero's actions that open the film (trying to avoid a spoiler here)?

#22 of 31 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted May 15 2009 - 07:02 PM

May 12th saw a huge dose of Trek hit shelves. My question is this: Paramount released 2 "Best Of" DVDs, one for TOS, one of TNG. They're only about $10 for four episodes, and I wanted to know if the episodes included on the best of TOS DVD were the remastered versions or the originals, because the packaging didn't mention it. I'm not a fan of TOS, and couldn't afford to (almost blind) buy the season 1 Blu-ray, but to sample the series in its remastered form would be nice on DVD. Anyone know which versions are on the disc?

#23 of 31 OFFLINE   Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus

Screenwriter

• 2,213 posts

Posted May 16 2009 - 03:30 AM

The TOS "Best of" set does, indeed, feature the new Remastered Episodes with the new CGI SFX.
Joseph
---------------

#24 of 31 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted May 16 2009 - 06:06 AM

Thanks. Posted Image I'll pick it up today.

#25 of 31 OFFLINE   Tom M

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator

• 216 posts

Posted May 19 2009 - 12:11 PM

Still no word on a firmware fix for those of us having problems paying this set. I'm not sure if Pioneer is even aware of it as I e-mailed them and got a generic "update your firmware" reply. Gee, thanks. You can also add the Samsung BDP-1000 to the list of players that won't play this set properly. Using the latest firmware, the BDP-1000 will skip back a chapter when it reaches a branching point. It does it every time. Clearly this is a problem and equally clearly it will not be resolved unless someone makes the higher ups aware of it. Not just the BD player manufacturers but Paarmount/CBS as well. Unless I missed it these glitches haven't been mentioned on The Digital Bits or ANY website. Just because it affects only a few models of players is no excuse. Please Bill, post these problems on TDB and make the powers that be aware of the situation. Thanks!

#26 of 31 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted May 22 2009 - 03:48 PM

I noticed in The Squire of Gothos that there is an audio glitch with the mono sound. In Chapter 2 when Kirk is introducing his crew, the sound level suddenly drops for a couple of minutes. It's not like this in 5.1 nor on the old dvd 5.1. Could this be how it originally was before a remix?

#27 of 31 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted July 11 2009 - 03:34 PM

Did anyone other than a previous poster notice the mistake on "City on the Edge of Forever'"? The scene where Spock is showing Kirk the effects of Edith's life on history has the angle button engaged but you can't toggle between the original effects and the remastered effects...the original effects are gone. This seems to be a mistake in pressing but it could be my player. Can anyone else see the original effects angle?

#28 of 31 OFFLINE   vickyjhon

vickyjhon

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted July 28 2009 - 08:16 AM

I'm not well versed in Star Trek (though I was curious as to what the verdict was on this release so I checked out the thread) but I believe that there's...

Original versions are available in:
- DVD season sets
vickey
For More Moviz

#29 of 31 OFFLINE   Jammier

Jammier

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 04 2009 - 07:29 PM

click to know more

#30 of 31 OFFLINE   Michaell4you

Michaell4you