-

Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Ask Concord to Keep Up SACD Releases!


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins

    Producer

  • 6,396 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 30 2001
  • Real Name:Lee

Posted April 12 2009 - 03:15 AM

Concord Music Group is considering dropping the SACD format for its Telarc and other labels.

If you want to keep SACD stereo and multichannel releases coming from them please send them a polite email expressing your interest to the following email:

Email: customerservice@concordmusicgroup.com

Thanks! Posted Image
Viewing: Sony KDSXBR150, Sony Bluray S570, ATT Uverse
Listening: Sony SCD777ES, Benchmark DAC1Pre, VPI/Modwright SWP9SE/Lyra Argo, Audio Research Ref3/VT100, Maggie 1.7s

 


#2 of 16 PaulDA

PaulDA

    Screenwriter

  • 2,577 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 09 2004
  • Real Name:Paul
  • LocationSt. Hubert, Quebec, Canada

Posted April 12 2009 - 09:25 AM

Done.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time, and it annoys the pig.

#3 of 16 Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins

    Producer

  • 6,396 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 30 2001
  • Real Name:Lee

Posted April 13 2009 - 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDA
Done.

Thanks Paul!
Viewing: Sony KDSXBR150, Sony Bluray S570, ATT Uverse
Listening: Sony SCD777ES, Benchmark DAC1Pre, VPI/Modwright SWP9SE/Lyra Argo, Audio Research Ref3/VT100, Maggie 1.7s

 


#4 of 16 MielR

MielR

    Supporting Actor

  • 983 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 14 2006
  • Real Name:MielR

Posted April 13 2009 - 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Scoggins
Concord Music Group is considering dropping the SACD format for its Telarc and other labels.

If you want to keep SACD stereo and multichannel releases coming from them please send them a polite email expressing your interest to the following email:

Email: customerservice@concordmusicgroup.com


OK! Posted Image
SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays


#5 of 16 Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins

    Producer

  • 6,396 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 30 2001
  • Real Name:Lee

Posted April 14 2009 - 01:53 AM

Thanks Miel. Posted Image
Viewing: Sony KDSXBR150, Sony Bluray S570, ATT Uverse
Listening: Sony SCD777ES, Benchmark DAC1Pre, VPI/Modwright SWP9SE/Lyra Argo, Audio Research Ref3/VT100, Maggie 1.7s

 


#6 of 16 Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins

    Producer

  • 6,396 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 30 2001
  • Real Name:Lee

Posted April 17 2009 - 11:48 AM

Bump.
Viewing: Sony KDSXBR150, Sony Bluray S570, ATT Uverse
Listening: Sony SCD777ES, Benchmark DAC1Pre, VPI/Modwright SWP9SE/Lyra Argo, Audio Research Ref3/VT100, Maggie 1.7s

 


#7 of 16 Blair G

Blair G

    Second Unit

  • 279 posts
  • Join Date: May 25 2000

Posted April 22 2009 - 01:02 PM

Received an e-mail from Concord today.

They have a Spring Sale....15% off, still free shipping on orders over $50.

Code is CMG SPRING

Does anyone remember how to generate a complete list of SACDs from their website?
Search under "SACD" and it brings up only 54. I know the true total exeeds 200.

#8 of 16 Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins

    Producer

  • 6,396 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 30 2001
  • Real Name:Lee

Posted April 23 2009 - 09:19 AM

Good info Blair. Thanks! Posted Image
Viewing: Sony KDSXBR150, Sony Bluray S570, ATT Uverse
Listening: Sony SCD777ES, Benchmark DAC1Pre, VPI/Modwright SWP9SE/Lyra Argo, Audio Research Ref3/VT100, Maggie 1.7s

 


#9 of 16 Blair G

Blair G

    Second Unit

  • 279 posts
  • Join Date: May 25 2000

Posted April 23 2009 - 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair G
Received an e-mail from Concord today.

They have a Spring Sale....15% off, still free shipping on orders over $50.

Code is CMG SPRING

Does anyone remember how to generate a complete list of SACDs from their website?
Search under "SACD" and it brings up only 54. I know the true total exeeds 200.


Found the link: Concord Music Group : Search

295 SACD's in total Posted Image

But I just noticed most of them are full price ($18.98)

#10 of 16 Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

    Screenwriter

  • 1,271 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 08 2002
  • Real Name:Chris Gerhard

Posted June 10 2009 - 04:39 AM

There is a sale now with maybe 30 or so SACD titles included at $5.98. Free shipping on orders over $50 and buy 10 get 1 free.

Concord Music Group - Promos

Chris

#11 of 16 Danny Tse

Danny Tse

    Producer

  • 3,190 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 01 2000

Posted June 10 2009 - 06:52 AM

Thanks, Chris! Just ordered 9 titles with 8 of them SACD. Too bad Candy Dulfer is only on CD.

Candy Dulfer - Candy Store (CD)
Michael Brecker -Pilgrimage
Spyro Gyra - Good To Go-Go
Various Artists - "Amadeus" soundtrack (2 SACD)
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Perform Music Of The Beatles
Jerry Goldsmith & London Symphony Orchestra - The Film Music Of Jerry Goldsmith
Jaco Pastorius Big Band - The Word Is Out!
Hiroshima -The Bridge
Michel Camilo - Spirit Of The Moment
SACD not listed at sa-cd.net (updated 8/26/2009)

#12 of 16 Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

    Screenwriter

  • 1,271 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 08 2002
  • Real Name:Chris Gerhard

Posted June 10 2009 - 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Tse
Thanks, Chris! Just ordered 9 titles with 8 of them SACD. Too bad Candy Dulfer is only on CD.

Candy Dulfer - Candy Store (CD)
Michael Brecker -Pilgrimage
Spyro Gyra - Good To Go-Go
Various Artists - "Amadeus" soundtrack (2 SACD)
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Perform Music Of The Beatles
Jerry Goldsmith & London Symphony Orchestra - The Film Music Of Jerry Goldsmith
Jaco Pastorius Big Band - The Word Is Out!
Hiroshima -The Bridge
Michel Camilo - Spirit Of The Moment

I picked up several of those myself but you should have gotten two more because of the buy 10 get 1 free offer. You must have missed that in my post above or could you not find another couple?

Chris

#13 of 16 Blair G

Blair G

    Second Unit

  • 279 posts
  • Join Date: May 25 2000

Posted August 20 2009 - 04:12 PM

When I only received 4 out the 11 SACD titles I ordered back in June I called Concord.
They suggested I call back in 4 or 5 weeks, let their system replenish, and they would honor the sale pricing.

Well, I called back today and with all the cuts at Telarc (their Cleveland offices is where customer service is based) they are in now the process of closing the warehouse therefore nothing is being replenished.
Looks like everything will be farmed out to a 3rd party fulfillment company. I was told they could not sell me anything at this time, certainly could not match the former sale price and I'm basically out of luck.
Even though the website is still active and orders presumably still being taken this person did not know where the product was coming from.
It was a polite conversation, the Concord lady was very nice (have to be sympathetic....people are losing their jobs over there) but I nonetheless left frustrated. I get the distinct feeling some people were able to get their orders sorted out but not all of us.
Perhaps things will improve once this change settles down but right now Concord's ability to provide decent customer service is gone.

#14 of 16 Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

    Screenwriter

  • 1,271 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 08 2002
  • Real Name:Chris Gerhard

Posted August 23 2009 - 05:03 AM


I suspected something very gloomy was happening.  I have 3 titles left unreceived and although I did send an email and got acknowledgement that the titles were on back order, there was no indication that I had any chance of ever receiving the missing titles.  Oh well, it was a great deal and The Concord Music Company did a terrific job with SACD.  I am pretty sure I have ended up with more CMG titles than any other in my collection of high resolution audio.  Maybe Concord will move on to Blu-ray or maybe not, at this point, I kind of doubt it.

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair G View Post

When I only received 4 out the 11 SACD titles I ordered back in June I called Concord.
They suggested I call back in 4 or 5 weeks, let their system replenish, and they would honor the sale pricing.

Well, I called back today and with all the cuts at Telarc (their Cleveland offices is where customer service is based) they are in now the process of closing the warehouse therefore nothing is being replenished.
Looks like everything will be farmed out to a 3rd party fulfillment company. I was told they could not sell me anything at this time, certainly could not match the former sale price and I'm basically out of luck.
Even though the website is still active and orders presumably still being taken this person did not know where the product was coming from.
It was a polite conversation, the Concord lady was very nice (have to be sympathetic....people are losing their jobs over there) but I nonetheless left frustrated. I get the distinct feeling some people were able to get their orders sorted out but not all of us.
Perhaps things will improve once this change settles down but right now Concord's ability to provide decent customer service is gone.



#15 of 16 Frank A

Frank A

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 125 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 19 2002

Posted October 06 2009 - 03:54 PM

I only received four of the six (I think) SACD's that I ordered during that sale back in June. When I called, they told me that I would not get my others, so...

Anyway, Concord has or is about to release a couple of Monster Music dvd's by George Benson. I recently bought the "George Benson and Al Jarreau, Givin' It Up" dvd by Monster Music. It is advertised as a "super disc", I think. Anyway, I bought it at Fry's Electronics last month. It is quite good and is a dts (not sacd)/dolby digital music dvd (no video). It also has a cd disc with it. The dts version of the dvd is quite good (I think). It does have a lot of surround just like an sacd/dvd-a. The dts version (2 versions actually) is put out at 96/24.

If you can get by the thought that it is Monster, and all of their self high praise for the disc, it is quite a good disc, I think. I really enjoy listening to it (I haven't played the cd, yet, though). I think that it is another hirez(?) option. I am not really a fan of all of the orchestral and symphonic type of music, although I do have a few discs.

#16 of 16 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

    Studio Mogul

  • 29,205 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 09 2001
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 29 2009 - 02:25 AM

I'm kinda late to the SACD game and am still trying to figure out the best places to get reasonable deals on the discs.

When Concord lists an SACD for sale, are they still likely to have it in stock? 

Do they run regular sales or offer discounts?

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!


HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon



Back to Music & Soundtracks



Forum Nav Content I Follow