-

Photo
- - - - -

BVHE Press Release: LOST: The Complete Fifth Season (DVD/Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,994 posts

Posted April 08 2009 - 10:24 AM

The Island’s Secrets Are Revealed as

Television’s Ultimate Mystery Unfolds
LOST:
THE COMPLETE FIFTH SEASON
Coming to Blu-ray™ Hi-Def with Exclusive Content
Also on DVD December 8, 2009
“LOST is one of TV’s best series” - USA Today

Burbank, California, April 6, 2009 – Viewers can bring home the most sensational season to date of TV’s most intriguing series when LOST: The Complete Fifth Season comes to Blu-ray Hi-def and DVD on December 8, 2009 from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. All 17 episodes of the season fans and critics alike are calling the best ever are available to watch again and again in a five-disc set packed with never-before-seen bonus material, including revealing cast interviews and behind-the-scenes features, including exclusive content only available on the Blu-ray. The mystery, action and intrigue that have made LOST one of the most influential shows of the decade gather speed as the show nears its highly anticipated final season. The ultimate addition to every TV lover’s collection, LOST: The Complete Fifth Season is perfectly timed for holiday gift giving.

The show that revolutionized primetime proves once again why it is television’s most addictive and creative series, as the epic story of LOST twists, turns and spirals through time in its brilliant fifth season. Destiny sends the Oceanic 6 back to the Island and into the heart of the enigmatic Dharma Initiative. The reason they had to return and the fate of all those who were left behind is revealed as the momentum builds toward the much anticipated series finale in 2010. Some of LOST’s most pressing questions are finally answered in a spectacular 5-disc collection, packed with deleted scenes, exclusive interviews, as well as Blu-ray exclusive content.

LOST stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Michael Emerson as Ben, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet and Terry O’Quinn as Locke.

LOST was created by Jeffrey Lieber and J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof. Abrams, Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Jack Bender, Edward Kitsis, Adam Horowitz and Carlton Cuse serve as executive producers. LOST, which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii and premiered on September 22, 2004, is from ABC Studios.

A fan favorite and critical darling since its 2004 premiere, LOST is “an epic big-screen adventure done for the small screen,” according to USA Today. “You will want to be there,” proclaims the Kansas City Star. TV Guide says, “You’d be crazy not to watch.” The San Francisco Chronicle raves that the show is “massively creative and always entertaining.”

STREET DATE: December 8, 2009

Direct prebook: September 29, 2009
Distributor prebook: October 13, 2009
Pricing: DVD: $59.99 (US), $79.99 (Canada)
Blu-ray Disc: $79.99 (U.S.), $94.99 (Canada)
Rated: US: ‘TV – 14’; Canada: TBD

Technical specifications may only apply to feature

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Bryan Beckman

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit

• 272 posts

Posted April 08 2009 - 03:42 PM

Dang. December again. And here I was hoping they might tie it in with the release of Seasons 1 & 2 on Blu in June.

Ah well, they'll get my money eventually. Love this show!

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,994 posts

Posted August 07 2009 - 10:21 AM

A Unique Immersive Blu-ray™ Experience Powered by BD-Live™  
That Extends the Stories, Secrets and Mythology of one of the 
World’s Most Engaging Shows 

Enrollment starts soon for LOST University, coming to 

LOST: THE COMPLETE FIFTH SEASON  

On Blu-ray High Definition December 8, 2009 

Burbank, Calif. August 3, 2009 – Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is proud to bring 
fans a groundbreaking new Blu-ray experience, “LOST University,” featured on the highly 
anticipated Blu-ray release of  “LOST: The Complete Fifth Season.”  LOST University is 
a captivating immersive bonus experience powered by BD-Live that will expand the world 
of “LOST”, giving viewers around the world an unprecedented interactive experience 
unlike any other before it.   

Viewers will be able to join LOST executive producers Carlton Cuse, Damon Lindelof, the 
cast of “LOST,” and a panel of esteemed experts for a vast array of courses at LOST 
University, delving into the themes and storylines regularly explored on the groundbreaking 
television series. Through this robust, engaging, multi- semester experience, students will 
gain a better understanding of the story, unique insight to the mysteries of “LOST,” and 
perhaps even valuable clues as the show heads into its final season. “LOST University” will 
be accessible through several portals, starting now with www.lostuniversity.org, where 
“LOST” fans can enroll beginning September 22, 2009, months before the university 
goes completely live on December 8, 2009.   The main campus of “LOST University” will 
live on the “LOST: The Complete Fifth Season” Blu-ray disc and will be powered by BD-

Live.    

Each visit to LOST University through the “LOST: The Complete Fifth Season” Blu-ray disc 
will connect viewers to a unique and exclusive experience, powered by BD-LIVE technology. 
Upon launching the innovative interface, students immediately get access to their 
personalized lesson plans, compelling HD Audio-Visual presentations and communication 
from the LOST University faculty and staff. Like any real university, campus life at LOST 
University is not solely focused on higher learning, pop quizzes and homework. Through an 
extended web experience, students will be able to pay visits to the campus bookstore to 
purchase LOST U merchandise, or discuss their school experience and “LOST” theories 
through study-groups on the LOST University message boards. Potential students will even 
have the opportunity to prep for the LOST U experience in advance on 
www.lostuniversity.org with story and character refresher courses and advanced 
reading suggestions... all providing information vital to getting up-to-speed with the world of 
LOST as it heads into its final season.  

LOST University expands the world of “LOST”—viewers won’t just visit that world, but begin 
to understand it. Every semester, LOST University brings students deeper into the 
mythology, the history, the philosophy, and the mysteries of television’s ultimate mystery.  

LOST University will offer a wide variety of entertaining and informative courses 
including…

•Introductory Physics of Time Travel  
•History  
•Family Psychology  
•The Languages Of “LOST”  
•Jungle Survival Basics  
•Deciphering Hieroglyphics  
•Art Of “LOST” seminar  
•Philosophy 101  
•…and all things “LOST”  

About LOST: The Complete Fifth Season Blu-ray 

The show that revolutionized primetime proves once again why it is television’s most 
addictive and creative series, as the epic story of “LOST” twists, turns and spirals through 
time in its brilliant fifth season. Destiny sends the Oceanic 6 back to the Island and into the 
heart of the enigmatic Dharma Initiative. The reason they had to return and the fate of all 
those who were left behind is revealed as the momentum builds toward the much anticipated 
series finale in 2010. Some of “LOST’s” most pressing questions are finally answered in a 
spectacular 5-disc collection, packed with deleted scenes, exclusive interviews, as well as 
Blu-ray exclusive content like LOST University.  

“LOST” stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Jeremy Davies as 
Daniel Faraday, Michael Emerson as Ben, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, 
Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, 
Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet and Terry O’Quinn as Locke. 

“LOST” was created by Jeffrey Lieber and J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof. Abrams, Lindelof, 
Bryan Burk, Jack Bender, Edward Kitsis, Adam Horowitz and Carlton Cuse serve as 
executive producers. “LOST,” which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii and premiered on 
September 22, 2004, is from ABC Studios. 

STREET DATE:  December 8, 2009 
Direct prebook:    September 29, 2009 
Distributor prebook:  October 13, 2009 
Pricing:    Blu-ray Disc: $79.99 (U.S.), $94.99 (Canada)  
Rated:  US: ‘TV – 14 LV’; Canada: 14A Technical specifications 
may only apply to feature 

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home 
entertainment industry, is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, 
Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista product, which includes 
DVD, Blu-ray Disc™ and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios Home 
Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios 

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   BillyFeldman

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor

• 593 posts

Posted August 08 2009 - 04:35 AM

My Lord who writes these press releases?

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Arild

Arild

Supporting Actor

• 734 posts

Posted November 03 2009 - 12:00 PM

Okay - I got this last week and have been going through the set since then. Now, this is the Scandinavian release but it says Region A-B-C on the case as well as the actual discs so I'm thinking it's a good bet the same exact discs will be released everywhere. If so - that is not good news.

Why? Well - I just watched the first part of the two hour finale (it's split into two one hour episodes on the Blu, for whatever reason) and there are scenes missing. At least two scenes that I noticed. And believe me, I am not mistaken about this - I went back and checked my copy of the original aired version. The missing scenes that I'm aware of are:

1: The short scene after Sawyer and co. meet up with Rose and Bernard, and before they're talking outside their "home". What's missing is the entire conversation they have while walking through the jungle between these two scenes.

2: The entire flashback scene in which Locke encounters Jacob after having been thrown out of the window by his father. This is especially upsetting, as it has obvious significance.
I understand why they had to cut something from the 2 x one hour version of the episodes; they probably had to make room for the extra set of opening/ending credits. What I don't understand is why they chose to put this version on the disc. It's a shame, too, because it is an otherwise excellent set (what I've seen of it thus far, of course).

EDIT: Okay - having now seen part 2 of the finale as well, it seems the second scene I mentioned (the Locke flashback) was not exactly cut, it was just moved from part 1 to part 2. Part 2 is also slightly restructured with the scene where

Locke and co. arriving at the statue foot
now happening much later in the episode. Weird. I guess it's not such a big deal then, as there wasn't as much content outright missing as I first thought - although there is still some.

#6 of 9 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,046 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 03 2009 - 02:20 PM

^ The S3 finale has a similar reordering of a couple of scenes when it's split into two episodes for DVD and Blu-ray. And the two episodes of the S4 finale are really reordered in syndication (but it's presented as one episode on DVD and Blu-ray so there's no change from its original airing).

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Aragorn the Elfstone

Aragorn the Elfstone

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted November 03 2009 - 02:57 PM

I hate that they keep messing with the editing of the finales. On the BD of "Live Together, Die Alone", they inserted a frakking commercial break in between Desmond's last flashback and him going to activate the failsafe. That was a truly epic moment on tv and dvd - and they totally screwed up the dramatic tension on the bd.

I fail to see any valid reason why they wouldn't use the original versions of these episodes when prepping the Blu-ray Discs. I just don't get it.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   ATimson

ATimson

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted November 04 2009 - 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn the Elfstone 

I fail to see any valid reason why they wouldn't use the original versions of these episodes when prepping the Blu-ray Discs. I just don't get it.
Have the producers indicated which version is the original, though? It's possible that they were written, shot, and edited as two-parters before being reconfigured into the two-hour format.

"Niceness is the greatest human flaw, except for all the others."
--Brendan Moody

#9 of 9 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,046 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 04 2009 - 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn the Elfstone ">

It sounds kinda ludicrous but I always assumed it was just so they could say that there was one more episode on the set so it was percieved as having more episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATimson  var pid = parseInt(3514567); if ( pid > ipb.topic.topPid ){ ipb.topic.topPid = pid; } // Show multiquote for JS browsers if ( $('multiq_3514567') ) { $('multiq_3514567').show(); } if( $('toggle_post_3514567') ) { $('toggle_post_3514567').show(); } // Add perm data ipb.topic.deletePerms[3514567] = { 'canDelete' : 0, 'canSoftDelete' : 0 };