What's new

Petticoat Junction Season 2: July 7th (1 Viewer)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Cool.

We're getting closer to my personal favorite line-up of Linda Kaye Henning, Meredeth MacRae, and Lori Saunders.

But honestly, I'm just glad that we're getting the second season within half a year of the first.

exliontamer

Agent
Real Name
Mark
Great news. The lineup from seasons 1 and 2 is my favorite, plus I find the humor a little more barbed than in later seasons.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
As always, excellent news!! These will be more "brand new" episodes to me. Of course, I'm still behind on my season 1 set....free time is such a premium. Such is life LOL

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I just received the season 1 set and watched the first three episodes. I'll have to say, I began to think my memory was a bit clouded on this one since I easily recognized everyone right off but Billy Joe and Bobby Joe looked different. After looking it up, sure enough they were replaced for the later color episodes which is what I saw growing up.

Now I have to decide how much I want season 2 or whether to just wait and hope for a season 3.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Well it may be eventually S1 and 2 are the only ones that have been remastered according to the bible. So it might be a long wait, if ever , to see anymore. I'm waiting for a sale to pick up S1, honestly I'd rather have more Green Acres, but PJ was ok.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith

I just recently picked up season 1 from Amazon for $20.99. Most everyone else has it for $28 - $33. Amazon has had quite a few CBS/Paramount season sets on sale recently. I'm not sure when it will end but you might want to consider getting it now.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Seasons 1 and 2 are black and white. the color episodes start with season 3 and the first cast changes with Gunilla Hutton as Bobbie Jo and Lori Saunders as Billie Jo. Those who don't want the first 2 seasons are really missing out on great, well written shows! Yea, I only grew up with the color ones too, but I am enjoying watching these first years because it is like getting brand new shows and seeing the roots of the characters develop! So treat yourself guys and buy these sets!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray

Except for a handful that came out on VHS from Columbia House, I hadn't seen these episodes since they aired on Tuesday nights on CBS over 45 years ago, so they are almost like new to me too.

And this is one show that found its niche right away. There are no growing pains with this show. It was solid from the start. The only thing that's different is that the two older girls, played by different actresses than in the color years, are written a bit differently. Billie Jo is strictly a boy-tease and Bobbie Jo is a studious bookworm. Billie Jo generally stayed the same through the one Gunilla Hutton year and then adapted to Meredith MacRae's warmer, more mature, less sexually overt personality in Season 4. Lori Saunders had a flair for zany comedy that the more musically-oriented Pat Woodell lacked and the writers took note by turning her Bobbie Jo from a bookworm to a more Gracie Allen-like daffy dame.

But all the old-timers without exception had their characters nailed from day one and Bea Benederet was so wonderful as Kate and got sick so early into the color years that these black and white episodes are to be treasured.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
TVShowsonDVD just e-mailed me the cover art and it looks great! PJ's cover art IMO looks better than the Hillbillies.

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
I have enjoyed the Season 1 box, even after having the MPI set. I had seen most of the episodes, but it is nice to have the whole first season together in one place. I will be purchasing Season 2, and I think that even if the other seasons have not yet been remastered, there is a good set we will eventually see the rest. After season two, we get into the color episodes. The powers that be seem to historically be more inclined to release color product over B&W.
I'll look forward to getting this second season set.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm definitely in for this one (and probably any more season sets that are released as well).

Gary "it will be interesting to see if these keep coming, because right now it looks like PJ's sister show, the Hillbillies, is stalled" O.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Didn't BH Season 3 just come out in February? Seems rather premature to declare it stalled just yet.

I'm going to try and keep a positive mind about the future of PJ. Sales of season one must have been good enough (even with the partial first season set released several years ago) that they felt it was warranted to go ahead with Season 2 (just because it was already remastered doesn't mean they'd throw more money into manufacturing and distribution if they expected to lose money with low sales). Plus as others have mentioned, the S3 set would be in color and may sell even better than the B/W sets.

Now, if we could just get more Green Acres in the pipeline, the Hooterville Cannonball would be chugging on all cylinders. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks