Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

HTF Blu-Ray Review: Hellraiser

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,860 posts

Posted April 05 2009 - 02:04 PM

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,830 posts

Posted April 05 2009 - 02:49 PM

Happy to hear that the Blu-ray version turned out so well. I am not a big horror aficionado, but this film has stuck with me through the years since my initial theatrical viewing. Looking forward to viewing this title and presentation in a few weeks. Thanks for the nice review. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,860 posts

Posted April 16 2009 - 08:20 AM

Walter, you won't be disappointed. Reviewing this inspired me to watch some of the sequels. Hellbound was reasonably good, but beyond that - just bad. Bloodline was inexplicably bad - I don' know why horror sequels eventually find a way to take place in space (Jason X and Leprachauns 4 spring to mind). The original is unscathed by the barrage of bad sequels and remains a superb horror classic.
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,860 posts

Posted October 25 2009 - 02:55 PM

Amazon has this for just $12.44 right now...

http://www.hometheat...dp%2FB001QMCJ00

My DVD Collection