What's new

TV Shows 2-Pack Double Season Sets (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if anyone has caught onto this but Target has received a bunch of double season 2-packs. Of the ones I saw at the local store:

$19.99 (only a select few are $26.99) Each
Angel Season 1 & 2
The Addams Family Volume 1 & Volume 2
Mash Season 1 & 2
That 70's Show Season 1 & 2
Voyage to the Bottom of the Season Season 1 & 2
Dark Angel Season 1 & Dark Shadows Season (?)
Reba Season 1 & 2
NYPD Blue Season 1 & 2
Outer Limits Season 1 & 2
Green Acres Season 1 & 2
The Unit Season 1 / Over There Season 1
Pretender Season 1 Volume 1 & Volume 2

$39.99 to $44.99 Each
Battlestar Galactica Season 2.0 & 2.5
House Season 1 & 2
House Season 3 & 4
Heroes Season 1 & 2

I plan on buying a few of these. The Voyages, Outer Limits, NYPD Blue. Grab them before they're gone forever.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Thanks for listing the shows you did. Some of them are very tempting.

My eldest son said he saw Seinfeld (the first two seasons) in one pack a couple of days ago. I believe it was selling for just under $20. I'd say that that is quite a good deal! I'm not into too many shows after the early 1970s, but I might make an exception for that one.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Some are actually $14.99. I picked up MASH 1 and 2 several weeks ago for that price. I noticed today it was still that price at my Target.

As far as MASH goes, Amazon has the single season sets for $15.49 each. For those that don't want to have to deal with the questionable packaging of the full series set, this is a good way to go.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Mark, :cool: Thanks for posting that info. Turns out that I had previously bought most of the individual releases that you mentioned but I'll check out my local Target this week. Lucky that it's only a few minutes from the house.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
You guys are welcome. The local Target just put them out today and I'll be picking up quite a few of those. I forgot to mention, Green Acres Season 1 & 2 double pack are also available.

I think I'll be heading out there tomorrow to pick up a few of these packs. Outer Limits, NYPD Blue are definitely on my list. It's sad that Best Buy can't sell these packs. I think it might be a Target exclusive. I haven't seen these anywhere else and they only started recently selling these type of sets.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I picked up Green Acres in December and The Pretender in February. Thanks to the Gift Cards I obtained from my local Auto Dealers, I got them for :DFREE:D!!!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I've seen King of the Hill seasons 1 and 2 packaged together, and could've sworn the first two seasons of Doogie Howser, MD but I couldn't find it when I wanted to pick it up...

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I got American Dad seasons 1 and 2 together at Target last month for 19.99.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I bought season 1 and 2 of Pretender for $14.99. Everything else at my local Target, I had already bought.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
It's definitely a smart move on the studio's part. While I only picked up the first two seasons of MASH for $7.50 each (hard to pass up), it then got me thinking I needed the whole series. The Amazon price is tempting but I just had a few too many other titles on my list that were also on sale to get first, so I've passed on the other MASH seasons, so far.

However, MASH wasn't even on my list prior to the Target sale and now it is. So dangling this carrot worked on me. Outer Limits would have been another if I hadn't already had the series.

While they sometimes try to get interest with "Best of" sets, it doesn't usually work on me if I am even half interested because if I liked it I would be duplicating episodes if I later decided on season sets. Plus I like to watch things in order and not be bounced across seasons. With that in mind, It might not be a bad idea for all studios to have specials on first seasons like this regularly. A lot more people might take the bait and do a blind, just to then get interested enough and want the whole series at standard pricing.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
I've also seen King of the Hill S1/S2, as well as a package of The Unit S1 with another show I was unfamiliar with.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
anyone know if the Outer Limits is both seasons of the original series? just sets 1 & 2 of the three boxset reissue? Or the new series?

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H

I've seen it at all the Targets here. It's Volume 1 & Volume 2 of the original series. You could also get Volume 1 with another one of the sci fi shows for $19.99 but I can't remember which. Maybe Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks