What's new

80s Cartoons to Live Action (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm just trying to think of the list. I'm eliminating animated releases which came out in the 80s.

There has already been a (bad) He-Man movie.
We've had Transforumers movie
There is GI Joe this summer... yes, GI Joe around long before the 80s, but the movie is clearly after that idea.
There have been two scooby-doo movies
I don't think you can really count "Casper" or "Chipmunks" since while 80s cartoons, they appeared much earlier, same holds with serials like "Curious George" etc. Although all of those became movies.

Smurfs is tentatively slated for 2010;
The Littles did become a movie.. of sorts
Space Ghost got a TV series, so it doesn't really apply; but Fantastic Four the animated series got a lift...

I'm just wondering aloud thinking about Saturday and Weekday afternoon cartoons I'd love to see done as a film. I keep thinking someone needs to write a script for Thundarr: The Barbarian.. what more can you ask for? Post Apocolyptic hero in a world of slavery and attacks of mutant hell beasts.. damn, that was some great Saturday Morning fun
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
A live-action Smurfs movie? Really? Anyone remember Pirate radio and their modified Smurf audio clips?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
2010 Supposedly John Lithgow is cast as Gargamel... I think it's going to be a mixed animated/live action of sorts..

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I thought Jeff Goldblum was involved with the Smurfs movie, and wanted to play Gargamel? John Lithgow would be a perfect fit, though
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I know G-Force or Battle of the Planets is coming. But I think it is going to be all cgi.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Yes, Gatchaman is all CGI. (Not to be confused with another CGI movie with the title G-Force, which has nothing to do with the franchise.)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Thundercats is being developed as CGI from the same folks who brought us TMNT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks