Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Del Toro enters the Criterion Collection?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 1,962 posts

Posted March 31 2009 - 08:08 AM

The latest newsletter cartoon is indicating Criterion is going to put out Guillermo Del Toro's "Cronos" this fall. This comes as a bit of a surprise to me.

#2 of 7 Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,141 posts

Posted March 31 2009 - 03:17 PM

Sounds like great news to me. I have the previous Lionsgate release that has lots of goodies, but there's always room for more when it comes to Del Toro.

My question is whether this is through the Lionsgate deal that brought Criterion KICKING AND SCREAMING, or if the movie has reverted back to Focus (the former October) and it's coming via their longstanding Universal deal.
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#3 of 7 Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor

• 974 posts

Posted April 01 2009 - 01:31 AM

I really hope that a blu is coming as well.

#4 of 7 GregoryMesh

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor

• 507 posts

Posted April 01 2009 - 03:08 AM

Now this news back from November makes more sense:

Definitive Cronos Blu-Ray in the Works
Quote:
November 12, 2008

Good news for you Guillermo Del Toro fans and Blu-ray owners out there...

I believe that very, very, very soon we're going to be announcing a very special Blu-ray edition of Cronos," Del Toro told ShockTillYouDrop.com last night at a Hollywood bash celebrating the DVD and Blu-ray release of Hellboy II: The Golden Army. "When you know who is doing it and how we're doing it, it will be more exciting. I cannot announce it properly, but it's very exciting for me because it's one of those movies that I think I want to revisit, re-time, restructure the sound for the Blu-ray experience in a big way."

Asked if it will carry over the bonus material featured on Lionsgate's special edition, he revealed "We're going to do, basically, the most exhausting extras that can ever be put together. There are many editions around the world with different extras, but there is no definitive edition."

Stay tuned for an official announcement!

#5 of 7 JulianK

JulianK

Supporting Actor

• 844 posts

Posted April 02 2009 - 11:39 AM

Quote:
"I believe that very, very, very soon we're going to be announcing a very special Blu-ray edition of Cronos," Del Toro told ShockTillYouDrop.com last night at a Hollywood bash celebrating the DVD and Blu-ray release of Hellboy II: The Golden Army. "When you know who is doing it and how we're doing it, it will be more exciting. I cannot announce it properly, but it's very exciting for me because it's one of those movies that I think I want to revisit, re-time, restructure the sound for the Blu-ray experience in a big way."

I believe the rest of that quote was "...and then Criterion will release it on a Region Coded Blu-ray disc, meaning that no-one on the continent I come from will be able to watch it".

#6 of 7 Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 1,962 posts

Posted April 02 2009 - 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianK
I believe the rest of that quote was "...and then Criterion will release it on a Region Coded Blu-ray disc, meaning that no-one on the continent I come from will be able to watch it".
I'm not exactly sure how he would come to such a conclusion considering Del Toro is from Mexico =P.

#7 of 7 JulianK

JulianK

Supporting Actor

• 844 posts

Posted April 02 2009 - 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dalek
I'm not exactly sure how he would come to such a conclusion considering Del Toro is from Mexico =P.

Hey, geography was never my strong point.

For some reason I had him pegged as Spanish.

Still, sux to be European if you're a Criterion fan.

Back to DVD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow