What's new

monoprice or blue jean (1 Viewer)

eurovw89

Grip
I am looking for HDMI cables, and have ready many reviews stating that "name brands" are not the way to go for runs under 10ft. I was wondering out of 'monoprice' and 'blue jean' which had a "better" construction....I know they are inexpensive.....but if something happens dont want to wait to buy another one.

Also, how is the web-site -accessories4less- I see they have cables for cheaps up to 70% off.....are the cable refurbished like some of the eletronics?

Thanks,
Jeff

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
First of all digital signals are "1"s and "0"s. They either get where they are going or not, so you either get a picture or you don't. The signal does not get weaker as it goes so don't get hung up on buying name brand top $$ cables. I have bought 35' HDMI, component, & subwoofer cables from Blue Jean cables and have totally forgotten about them after installation. No problems with them at all. I have no experience with the other sites you mentioned.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Since finding out about Monoprice many years ago, I have used them quite a bit over the years and recommend them to others. Their cables tend to be well made. I have used several of their HDMI cables in various installations over the years and they are quite robust. So much so that you may need to provide some strain relief for the weight of the cable. We had this problem going into a poorly made wall jack from another company.

LewB

Screenwriter
I have only made 1 purchase from monoprice, so I am an expert :D
I bought 4 6' HDMI cables from them a while ago, the cost including shipping was less than half the price of 1 cable in the store
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

I only needed 2, but figured I might as well get 2 extras just in case (might as well get the most out of the shipping charges). At these prices, why not ?
The cables are in daily use connecting cable TV boxes to TVs, they all work.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Another site that I've had good luck with on quality, inexpensive cables is Partsexpress.com. You can see a sampling of their HDMI cable prices here. I have not purchased HDMI cables there, but have bought speaker cable and analog interconnects.

Amazon also has very reasonable prices on HDMI cables. I bought one there with my Sony BluRay player.

oldac3

Grip
Real Name
Ben
DavidJ-
Did you buy Monoprice's standard or premium stuff? It looks to me like the price difference is mostly about cable ends. What do you think?

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I've never used monoprice, but I have used Blue Jeans, their cables are first rate. I'm sure they are higher quality than monoprice, but does the extra quality matter to you? The monoprice cables are capable. As far as Accessories4less - yes, they are terriffic. I've gotten cables there for cheap.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Did you buy Monoprice's standard or premium stuff? It looks to me like the price difference is mostly about cable ends. What do you think?

I always buy the Premium cables from Monoprice. They aren't that much more but the quality of the materials does seem quite a bit better. These optical cables are really cool, especially for $4 a piece. But I usually use coaxial whenever possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks