What's new

The Lucy Show Season 1 Spring 2009 (1 Viewer)

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
This is such a great news! I'm so excited!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Excellent news! The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy Season One both in the summer. Double the Joy!. It will be odd watching both of these at the same time though.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Very good news! I have been on a big Lucy kick lately and have been wanting desperately to get an official release of some of the early "The Lucy Show" episodes with Viv. But I am really looking forward to Season 2 with both Viv and Gale Gordon's arrival as Mr. Mooney.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
It'll be nice to see this series with pristine, uncut prints, after almost half a century of seeing blurry, washed-out, cut prints.

These will have pristine, uncut prints, won't they?

And these will have the original music scores, won't they?

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

Nah. Knowing CBS/Paramount, and how horrible they are at clearing original music, they'll probably bring in those talentless hacks in Roy Braverman & Mark Heyes.

They suck. They need to be fired, and blacklisted from the industry at once.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Please change the title of this thread to "The Lucy Show Season 1 Summer 2009." The article says late July, maybe early August for the release.

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
This is the news I've been waiting to hear! I know there has been rumours of this coming but I always wait for confirmation from TVShowsOnDVD.com and it looks like this is FINALLY going to happen!
HURRAY!! HURRAY!! Lucy & Viv together again and hopefully complete & UNCUT!!
This is going to be a GREAT summer with releases of BOTH The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy coming!!! (Oh, and her specials too!!!) AWESOME!!! I can't wait for the official release dates for the first season set of The Lucy Show and MPI's Here's Lucy season 1 so that I can pre-order them.

Looks like 2009 is going to be the "Summer Of Lucy" !
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Hopefully they'll be musically intact I don't remember how much music this series had.. I have to finish my Lucy collection I'm short a few I Love Lucy Volumes...

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Well, I hope they leave in the music in the episodes where they put up a tv antenna and the one where Lucy and Viv are chaperones. They sing "Big Girls Don't Cry" and it's hilarious. To cut it out would be like removing the big scene of the episode.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary

According to a release schedule that I have seen, the most recent date for "The Lucy Show" is July 21.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I think I'll wait before I decide on whether to pick it up. I was more a fan of the classic series than the sequel series.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
For those who don't know, it should always be repeated: The first season of "The Lucy Show" was very much like "I Love Lucy," without Ricky and Fred.

At first, it was even produced by Desi Arnaz, who hired all the same writers who purposely wrote Lucy Carmichael to have the exact same personality as Lucy Ricardo. And Lucille Ball played her the same way.

Viv was like Ethel, except better dressed and somewhat more sophisticated. Also, they had the reverse situation of Lucy being Viv's "landlady" -- although that's the way they ended up on "I Love Lucy," too, when they all moved to Connecticut.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary

Exactly right. And, frankly, it also helped that the show was still in black and white. It was the closest thing to having one more season of "I Love Lucy."

DoreSchary

Agent
Real Name
Dore

I have it under very strong authority that consumers will not have to worry about music replacements, including "Big Girls Don't Cry."

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
This one takes me back. I love the theme song and opening credit sequence of the color seasons that ends with a glamor shot of Lucy. That Mill Creek set is nice, but this is very exiting news. Can't wait to see how much better they look.

I still need to get I Love Lucy. Good excuse to get that done as soon as there is a sale.

BTW, I was watching a 3 Stooges episode last week and Lucy was in it. Young, tall and very pretty.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
That's great to read, DoreSchary, and I sure hope your source is right.

It'll take a while before we get to that opening sequence.

The opening credit sequence of Season 1 of "The Lucy Show" is a black-and-white cartoon of Lucy and Viv hammering up letters spelling out the name of the show.

Lucy wanted a new opening each season, so the color openings for Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are all different.

Season 4 is the well-known "kaleidoscope" opening that's used in the syndicated version.

Lucy hated the new "jack in the box" opening of Season 5, so they quickly went back to the Season 4 opening, and just left it that way for Season 6, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks