Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Suggested titles for Warner Archives future selections

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   NY2LA

NY2LA

Screenwriter

• 1,352 posts

Posted May 05 2012 - 01:17 AM

Now I know I'm not the first one to bring this title up. But if Warners can release Mr. Limpet on BLU RAY, I can't see why the archive collection can't finally give us what was one of the highest selling video releases of its time. First time on DVD: Just in time for its 20th Anniversary- Tiny toon Adventures - HOW I SPENT MY VACATION imagine how that THUD sound system promo would play on our HD/surround systems.

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Justin Ray

Justin Ray

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted May 05 2012 - 05:07 AM

WHV usually releases Tiny Toons, not WAC.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann

Supporting Actor

• 583 posts

Posted May 05 2012 - 09:53 AM

What I wish is that they would take their print of WEST OF ZANZIBAR and re-scan it at 2K or, hell, even at 720p with or without any restoration work done and give us a watchable DVD/R rather than the 1980's video scan they're selling through the Archives now for twenty bucks. I expect this horrid image cheap release from Alpha Video not from the Archives, for Christ's sake. Of the Chaneys they're offering now this one is the most infamous. Every kid who ever read Famous Monsters of FilmLand magazine back in the day has heard of it and seen the stills. Respect the classics you're selling us, at least a little bit. They CAN re-transfer their prints at Warners, can't they? They already own a couple machines to do it with, too, right? The rest don't look this awful, so maybe somethings up. Anyone got a clue?

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   NY2LA

NY2LA

Screenwriter

• 1,352 posts

Posted May 05 2012 - 10:47 AM

WHV usually releases Tiny Toons, not WAC.

But they haven't in this case, not this title, for 20 years.

#5 of 11 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted May 05 2012 - 05:16 PM

I think there needs to be a thread * Suggested Warner Archives that should be on Blu Ray / DVD / Pressed discs*

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts

Posted May 07 2012 - 10:42 AM

One title I'd love to see out is A Man Called Dagger with Paul Mantee, Terry Moore, and Jan Murray. There were many Bond-type spy films in the 60s, and the Archive should do a set of whatever spy films from the period they have. Also, Last Summer - directed by Frank Perry and starring the still-active trio of Richard Thomas, Barbara Hershey, and Bruce Davison.
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,141 posts

Posted May 07 2012 - 11:11 AM

I want to know when we will get the next Andy Hardy. I was hoping the whole series would be out by Christmas. WB said it was a big seller. I was not the only one asking that question which they also told me

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Timothy E

Timothy E

Supporting Actor

• 889 posts

Posted May 07 2012 - 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Ellis 

One title I'd love to see out is A Man Called Dagger with Paul Mantee, Terry Moore, and Jan Murray. There were many Bond-type spy films in the 60s, and the Archive should do a set of whatever spy films from the period they have. Also, Last Summer - directed by Frank Perry and starring the still-active trio of Richard Thomas, Barbara Hershey, and Bruce Davison.

I like that idea.  Do Warners have rights to The Liquidator starring Rod Taylor and directed by Jack Cardiff?  I would love to see this released.  This is a Bond spoof based on a novel by John Gardner, who later continued the James Bond book series.  Cardiff and Taylor collaborated on Dark Of The Sun, which was released by Warner Archive last year.

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,231 posts

Posted May 07 2012 - 01:43 PM

THE LIQUIDATOR is MGM, so if Warner doesn't have it, it might find its way into the MGM Limited Edition Collection.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Camps

Camps

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted May 09 2012 - 01:49 AM

LIQUIDATOR recently aired on TCM, so I would guess the Archive would have access. Coincidentally I mentioned MAN CALLED DAGGER on a prior thread and someone (can't recall who) replied that MGM no longer holds rights to it, which would explain its decades-long AWOL-ness. (He also called it cheezy -- and I agree, but as a '60s spy-film completist I delight in even the cheezy ones...). These disappeared films often are tied up by heirs. Of course, I've no idea if that's the case with DAGGER, but the heirs who DO sit on rights, holding out for some illusory Bigger Better Deal, are truly clueless....

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   borisfw

borisfw

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts

Posted May 09 2012 - 05:17 AM

On the WB archive facebook wall WB is saying that they just finished remastering The Liquidator and it will surface at some point in the Archive .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users