-

Photo

Anchor Bay Press Release: The Bruce Campbell Double Feature

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,933 posts

Posted March 25 2009 - 10:21 AM

Double the action. Double the fun. Double the chin!
Anchor Bay Entertainment delivers twice the Bruce
The BRUCE CAMPBELL DOUBLE FEATURE

There is only one Bruce Campbell. Indie-film legend. Star of the Evil Dead films and the Spider-Man franchise. Cult hero. Best-selling author. Convention-circuit favorite. Fangoria Chainsaw Award winner. Currently co-starring on USA Network’s award-winning “Burn This.” A veritable icon.

And on May 12, Anchor Bay Entertainment, the undisputed leader in cult and classic horror home entertainment, brings you a one-two punch of cult superstar Bruce Campbell with The Bruce Campbell Double Feature. This tremendous twin bill of sci-fi and horror includes Man With the Screaming Brain, which Campbell also wrote, produced and directed, and the award-winning Alien Apocalypse, which boasted record-breaking ratings when it premiered on the Sci-Fi Channel in 2005.

To date, Bruce Campbell’s films have grossed over $1 billion at the U.S. box office alone. And this twin-bill of Bruce coincides with the highly anticipated release of Campbell’s latest hit, My Name is Bruce, which he also produced and directed, and in which he stars as … Bruce Campbell himself!

This diabolical double-feature includes Campbell’s long-awaited directorial debut, Man With the Screaming Brain (“Winningly loopy” – Variety), a weird and wild tale of deception, betrayal and highly unorthodox brain surgery … all of it taking place in beautiful Bulgaria. Co-starring with Campbell is Golden Globe® Award winner Stacy Keach (American History X, TV’s “Mike Hammer” and “Prison Break”).

The DVD of Man With The Screaming Brain has enough special features to make anyone’s head spin:

Audio Commentary with Writer/Director/Star Bruce Campbell and Producer David M. Goodman
Featurettes: Making The Screaming Brain and Neurology 101: Evolution Of The Screaming Brain
Behind The Scenes
Theatrical Trailer
Storyboard Gallery
Comic Book Art Gallery
Bruce Campbell Bio

Josh Becker’s Alien Apocalypse (“If high camp is what you’re after, Alien Apocalypse is pure Heaven!” – BeyondHollywood.com), winner of the Best Direct-to-Video Film Award at the Gerardmer Film Festival, stars Campbell and Renee O’Connor (Night Game, Boogeyman 2, TV’s “Xena: Warrior Princess”) as Earth’s last hope against a rampaging race of aliens that have decimated our planet.

The DVD for Alien Apocalypse includes a bevy of fun special features:

Audio Commentary with Actor Bruce Campbell and Writer/Director Josh Becker
Behind The Scenes Gallery
Storyboard Gallery
Bruce Campbell Bio
Trailers

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   MielR

MielR

Supporting Actor

• 989 posts

Posted March 25 2009 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
Currently co-starring on USA Network’s award-winning “Burn This.”

It's "Burn Notice" :-)

(I know the error comes from Anchor Bay's press release)
SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   MLamarre

MLamarre

Second Unit

• 417 posts

Posted March 25 2009 - 02:38 PM

Calling him the star of the Spiderman franchise is being a little too generous...

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   R-T-C Tim

R-T-C Tim

Stunt Coordinator

• 192 posts

Posted March 25 2009 - 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamarre
Calling him the star of the Spiderman franchise is being a little too generous...

I can just imagine the conversation:

Bruce: So Sam, I hear you got the director's job on Spiderman. Congrats.
Sam: Yeah, thanks - plus I got you a nice juicy role.
Bruce: Cool, who is it, Green Goblin, Doc Ock...
Sam: Close. Its a wrestling ring announcer.
Bruce: ....
Sam: But don't worry, I'm sure you'll get a bigger role in part 2
Mondo Esoterica.net - From the Wild West to Gothic Europe...

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted March 27 2009 - 02:03 AM

I thought it was just me but judging from the small number of replies to this thread I'd say people are prettty much disinterested in anything these people have to release. Man, what a downfall this company has suffered: from one of the premiere cult/independent distributors to what they are now. I'm waiting for the next version of Evil Dead to come out. We get this movie once a year now, right?

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

• 438 posts

Posted March 27 2009 - 04:35 AM

These re-releases just appear to be a re-packaging of movies that have been out for years so that's probably why no one's too excited. Not to mention that Alien Apocalypse is really bad and not even Bruce can save it. I have Man With The Screaming Brain but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Your money would probably be better spent on My Name is Bruce and another and another one of his movies. I suggest Bubba Ho-Tep or Running Time, a dark real-time crime story where Bruce gets to flex his acting muscle more than normal.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted March 27 2009 - 05:35 AM

The only film I want to see Bruce in is the fourth Evil Dead. I'll pass on all the sci-fi channel movies of the week he's doing these days

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted March 29 2009 - 04:19 AM

Bruce actually gets opening-credit billing in "Spider-Man 3" so I guess that's not the craziest thing in the world.
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

Forum Nav Content I Follow