Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Apple Loses Lead in Computer Reliability?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,198 posts

Posted March 24 2009 - 11:40 PM

I couldn't resist:

Report: Apple Loses Lead in Computer Reliability | Gadget Lab from Wired.com

I'll check back before I go home from work to see if my house is still standing ...

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,737 posts

Posted March 28 2009 - 05:58 AM

This isn't that surprising to me. Especially given RescueCom's stated criteria:
Quote:
To measure computer reliability, RescueCom looks at the number of consumer service calls made to its hotline (1-800-RESCUE-PC) regarding a tech manufacturer's products while taking into account the company's market share. The fewer the calls made about each vendor, the better — and this quarter Asus and Lenovo nabbed the top spot.
The more market share Apple gains, the more first-timers they are selling to. Those people will inevitably call the hotline for any reason, from hardware problems, to finding out how to do something they used to do in Windows on a Mac, to really basic questions like how to turn up volume or brighten the display. OSX is different from XP/Vista and first timers do take some time to get acclimated and will reach out to any helpline they can.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)