Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Can't find widescreen option on Bevery Hills Chihuahua

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   emgesp

emgesp

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted March 23 2009 - 10:59 AM

I'm nowhere close to being a noob when it comes to A/V, but for whatever reason this dvd will only play in pan & scan fullscreen.

It says on the back of the dvd case that the feature film has both widescreen (2.40.1) and Full Screen options, yet it only plays in fullscreen without any widescreen option to be found.

Maybe this dvd is flawed.

(UPDATE) Found out that fastplay defaults to fullscreen, so I had to temporarily turn on commentary to switch to widescreen. Not a big deal, but I don't like how this DVD was layed out.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Scamp

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator

• 156 posts

Posted March 24 2009 - 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgesp
I'm nowhere close to being a noob when it comes to A/V, but for whatever reason this dvd will only play in pan & scan fullscreen.

It says on the back of the dvd case that the feature film has both widescreen (2.40.1) and Full Screen options, yet it only plays in fullscreen without any widescreen option to be found.

Maybe this dvd is flawed.

(UPDATE) Found out that fastplay defaults to fullscreen, so I had to temporarily turn on commentary to switch to widescreen. Not a big deal, but I don't like how this DVD was layed out.

Hey Matt,

Don't recall having any problems in watching the film in widescreen. Of course, I always bypass the fastplay option and go directly to the menu. I want to say I was given the option of choosing widescreen or fullscreen after selecting "play," but I'd have to check again to be sure. I'll try and remember to check later today for you.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,249 posts

Posted March 24 2009 - 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp
Hey Matt,

Don't recall having any problems in watching the film in widescreen. Of course, I always bypass the fastplay option and go directly to the menu. I want to say I was given the option of choosing widescreen or fullscreen after selecting "play," but I'd have to check again to be sure. I'll try and remember to check later today for you.

I think that's how it works. If you jump to a chapter, I think it'll go fullscreen - you have to use "Play Film"...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

Forum Nav Content I Follow