Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Emotiva XPA-5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   DavidAMennie

DavidAMennie

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted March 21 2009 - 07:58 PM

I just bought this off Audiogon, but I don't think i'm gonna be able to use it...I had to move in with my dad, and take care of him...It's in great condition, looks new to me...I have the original double-box packaging, plus the manual...It's under warranty until 10/31/2013...After purchase, i'll e-mail Emotiva and get the warranty transferred

$750 shipped, payment by Paypal please...

I have over 2,000+ positive feedbacks on eBay under black05hemi

Thanks

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   DavidAMennie

DavidAMennie

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted March 23 2009 - 12:49 PM

Is my price too high? It's $824 new shipped from Emotiva...And, they're not even in stock right now from them

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   TimMc

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator

• 220 posts

Posted March 23 2009 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAMennie
Is my price too high?
In the eyes of many - probably yes. You're at least the second owner and yet you're still asking over 90% of MSRP - to me, too high (and for some of us, our gravestones will say "Never Paid Retail..."). Were I buying one I'd probably wait for their next sale and get new w/ a real warranty (as most of us would probably think warranty transfers are often dicey). One of the reasons Emotiva may say they're sold out is that they recently had these on sale for $699 (I think...) and that's probably what many/most have stuck in their heads as recent retail. There are any number of threads you can find where someone asked if his price for an XPA-5 plus cables was too high at $650 and he was basically told split 'em out and it might sell at that price if shipping was included.

So aren't you glad you asked?

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   DavidAMennie

DavidAMennie

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted March 23 2009 - 01:17 PM

Well, then I guess people can wait till they get 'em back in stock then...Regarding a "real warranty", I got news for you, all I do is send one e-mail to their customer service with my info and the new buyers info, and the warranty gets transferred...Real difficult, huh? Maybe you should do a little homework first, before you speak?

This amp looks brand new, is not even five months old, has little use, with all original packaging...But, then again, people like yourself will always find something to complain about

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Michael_V

Michael_V

Second Unit

• 324 posts

Posted March 23 2009 - 01:57 PM

Wow, I didn't think TimMc was complaining, just offering constructive advice. I thought the price was high, too. Basically $49 off retail. You really jumped on him, though. Not used to such a defensive attitude on HTF. Probably not helping you sell your equipment....

Moderator?

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   JimPeitersen

JimPeitersen

Second Unit

• 474 posts

Posted March 23 2009 - 02:08 PM

David,

I think Tim was telling you what guys in this hobby know - when you sell used gear you never get your money back. The general rule for quality used gear is that you will get between about 40-60% of the original MSRP, depending upon condition. The internet also makes sales both easy (# of buyers), and hard (easy to do research and find sale prices) at the same time. The hard part about selling used gear (even mint condition) is that it is "used" from the first day you receive it, no matter what you did with it. It could be sealed in the original box and have to be sold as used. We realize that you don't want a lowball offer, but you did ask for comments.

JP

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   DavidAMennie

DavidAMennie

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted March 23 2009 - 02:24 PM

It's not $49 off retail....Brand new is $824 shipped, I asked for $750 shipped, which is $74 off the cost of a new one...

I've been in this "hobby" a long time, i'm not a child...I did not feel his comments were "constructive" at all, we must be reading different posts

I paid $725 shipped, which would put it at $100 less than a new one, which is definitely think is fair...

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   DaveHo

DaveHo

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted March 24 2009 - 01:27 AM

2nd owner, 10% off the cost of brand new, whoopdeedoo.

-Dave

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Ron_Phelps

Ron_Phelps

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted March 24 2009 - 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc
In the eyes of many - probably yes. You're at least the second owner and yet you're still asking over 90% of MSRP - to me, too high (and for some of us, our gravestones will say "Never Paid Retail..."). Were I buying one I'd probably wait for their next sale and get new w/ a real warranty (as most of us would probably think warranty transfers are often dicey). One of the reasons Emotiva may say they're sold out is that they recently had these on sale for $699 (I think...) and that's probably what many/most have stuck in their heads as recent retail. There are any number of threads you can find where someone asked if his price for an XPA-5 plus cables was too high at $650 and he was basically told split 'em out and it might sell at that price if shipping was included.

So aren't you glad you asked?

I echo the response that says these comments were meant to be constructive and not demeaning. You asked if your price was too high - his comments were right.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Ennsio

Ennsio

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted March 24 2009 - 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAMennie
I paid $725 shipped, which would put it at $100 less than a new one, which is definitely think is fair...

Except that most of the people on here are used to getting 10-15% off retail for brand new gear in the stores, and Emotiva has sales on their new stuff that are lower than the price you listed. I believe that is why posters aren't responding to your price.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   DavidAMennie

DavidAMennie

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted March 25 2009 - 10:43 AM

Sold

Forum Nav Content I Follow