Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question for David About Benjamin Button

David Prior

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   IanUngstad

IanUngstad

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted March 21 2009 - 04:07 PM

Are you involved or going to be involved in any other special editions to be released through Criterion or is Benjamin Button a one-off deal with the studio? Do you know if Criterion secured access to any other Paramount catalog titles through this agreement to lend it's branding to the button release?

I am curious about Criterion's involvement with Benjamin Button, it seems unprecedented for the studio.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   David Prior

David Prior

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted March 23 2009 - 08:02 AM

The disc was deep into production before we brought Criterion in. Any terms that Paramount and Criterion agreed to beyond Button I have no idea about, but it's not unprecedented -- off the top of my head Criterion did Days of Heaven.

This situation is different than other Criterion releases, in the sense that it's still very much the disc we intended to release all along, it just has the Criterion imprint on it. That's not to take anything away from Criterion, who we all have great respect for. It's just that we felt, particularly after the way the Zodiac special edition was handled, that having Button in Criterion's catalogue would help draw some attention to the release that it might not otherwise have got.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   kisscase

kisscase

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 25 2009 - 08:24 PM

Ummm!I 'm just wondering if David has the talent to direct some TV SHOWS that related with military or political issues such as Cold Case Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset or Navy NCIS: Season 1-5 DVD Boxset

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Jerome

Jerome

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted April 08 2009 - 08:18 AM

it seems that Warner in Europe will not include the documentaries you produced dear David.
the German blu-Ray disc will only include a featurette and some trailers.
News Warner: Details zu "Benjamin Button" im Mai 2009 | BLU-RAY | Cinefacts.de

Shame on Warner.

I hope the Criterion disc will be region free.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   David Prior

David Prior

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted April 08 2009 - 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome
it seems that Warner in Europe will not include the documentaries you produced dear David.
the German blu-Ray disc will only include a featurette and some trailers.
News Warner: Details zu "Benjamin Button" im Mai 2009 | BLU-RAY | Cinefacts.de

Shame on Warner.

I hope the Criterion disc will be region free.

Not to worry, that's still the 2 disc set, and Warner is releasing the special edition in Europe. Those press releases are more often wrong than right.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Jerome

Jerome

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted April 08 2009 - 09:44 PM

thanks for the reply, David.
I just need to wait now.
I hope Warner will do the same Blu-ray disc as Criterion.