Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony S350 unable to play new releases

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   John Lloyd

John Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator

• 240 posts

Posted March 18 2009 - 06:30 PM

I have tried playing "Milk" and "Pineapple Express" in the last few days and both discs were reported to be unplayable. I upgraded the firmware from version 0.07 to 0.15 and that did not make much of a difference. I was able to load Pineapple Express once, but it froze after about 15 minutes. Subsequent attempts to reload all failed. Has anyone been succesful in watching these titles on the Sony player?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter

• 1,573 posts

Posted March 18 2009 - 07:16 PM

Don't have those particular titles, sorry. One thing you might try is unplug the network, & disable the BD internet connection under BD/DVD viewing settings. Balky servers combined w/ BD-live discs have been known to sometimes cause problems on some titles, don't know about those titles specifically. Do you have the flash installed for BD-live? Unfortunately BD-live in its current state is more trouble than it's worth IMO. Though I have no idea if that's your problem with these particular discs.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Mark Starratt

Mark Starratt

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted March 23 2009 - 02:06 AM

Just viewed Pineapple Express on this player yesterday without any problem. I have both USB and Network cable connected.
Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users