What's new

Transformers 3 July 1, 2012 (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Actually, Michael Bay corrected the date. It's 2012 not 2011. He wants a year off. He said if it was 2011. He would have to start work on it this September.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
There's no doubt in my mind that this second film will blow the box office doors off so planning a third film this early is a very safe bet.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
It could be like The Matrix: based on how much everyone liked the first one, the second does killer box office, even more than the first; but since the second one kinda sucks, the third one is a disappointment.

So as business, it's a no-brainer to do all three, but as art, they should have quit while they were ahead with the first one. Not that I have any idea about #2, which I will almost certainly see unless the reviews are across-the-board horrible, but the disconnect between quality and quantity (of BO bucks) is irksome.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

Artistic integrity? In Transformers? The 1986 animated film is probably about 10x deeper than Bayformers.

Get some shaky cam shots of big, indecipherable robots beating each up, add in some new robots, throw in Megan Fox with half her wardrobe off, shoot it like a car commercial and you pretty much already have Transformers 2 and 3 covered.

EricW

Senior HTF Member

i would agree that following up Transformers would be alot easier than Matrix, but then following Batman Forever would seem to be easy enough too.

Skweeker

Agent
Real Name
Andy
Watching the Blu-ray, the thought occurs that Transformers has the best depiction ever of the US Secretary of Defense on film, I think....can anybody think of another example of the filmic depiction of the US Secretary of War...oops I mean Defense? : )

I also see that at about 1:58:30, the (partially obscured) Marquee reads "The Rose Tattoo", with "A Place In The Sun" underneath. This in the background during the great battle. Good product placement!

The robots look plenty sharp and detailed on the blu-ray, at least on this display.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

Entertainment Tonight is also apparently reporting the same thing .... Michael Bay has axed Megan Fox from Transformers 3.

I don't know if Bay holds a grudge and I do buy that it probably was time to give Shia a new love interest, but lol, young actresses should probably know better than to take a public dump on a big-money director.

I can imagine her agent and reps scrambling to try and get her into Wonder Woman or anything else they can find now.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Something must've happened the last few days because she was apparently doing test shots for TF3 recently.

Maybe the tanning comment was the last straw or she said/did something else and that was that.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
She was one of the best things in the first film; and although underused in the second, was the focus of the only two good scenes in RotF. The speculation for Fox's replacement is funny:

possible replacements for Fox include models Bar Rafaeli, Miranda Kerr and Brooklyn Decker.

All of these beauties seem to be out of LaBeouf's league, but I guess having a car that turns into a giant robot helps with the ladies.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Aaah shite! I'll pass on the 3rd film, Megan's bouncing boobs made the whole thing bearable. Bastardos! Such a pretty girl too. Oh well. [sniff]

Here are some comments I've come across on this tragic event -

That's what happens when you are an idiot and bite the hand that feeds you.

Well this sucks.

MILA KUNIS OR EMMA WATSON

HAHAHA...she couldn't act anyway! beauty is temporary, dumb lasts forever...any bimbo could stradle a bike!

the only reason people ever bothered in watching those movies was because of her; that movie's gonna blow now xD

OMG!!!! john malkovich and partick dempsey?!?!?! when is this coming out? i can't wait already!!!!

LOL GUR I WAS LIKE DAM MEGAN FUX DUN GOT FURED FROM DAT TRANNYFORMERS MOVIE N MUH SISSY WAS LIKE NAW GUR SHE CRAZY WHITE GUR SHE AINT NO GOIN NO WHERE N' I BE LIKE NAW I DUN SEEN DAT MUG ON DA EONLINE AND SHE BE LIKE NAW AND I BE LIKE YAW AND SHE BE LIKE AYE MEGAN FOX WAS DAT GUR IN DA GOONIES RYTE? N I WAS LIKE YUH BUT WHO KNO, ALL DEM WHITE FOLK LOOK DA SAME LOL WUT

That last one was my favourite.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The new cast additions for the next movie are pretty impressive -- Frances McDormand and John Malkovich, among others. Megan Fox is nice to look at, but she's not exactly in their league.

Maybe Sam will hook up with Marge Gunderson. :)

With new writers to boot, I'm hopeful that story #3 will be a major improvement over story #2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks