Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Batman 20th Anniversary Blu-Ray Book

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,834 posts

Posted March 16 2009 - 01:36 AM

“A triumph. You can’t take your eyes off it!”
- Rolling Stone, Peter Travers

BATMAN: THE MOVIE Starring Michael Keaton Celebrates 20th Anniversary
with New Single Blu-Ray Book
from Warner Home Video

Debuts May 19 with Hours of Bonus Content
Including Tim Burton Commentary and 50 Pages of
Collectible Essays, Trivia and Photos

Burbank, Calif., March 16, 2009 - BATMAN: The Movie, the film that launched a global phenomenon, celebrates its 20th anniversary May 19 with a new single release. BATMAN: The Movie 20th Anniversary Blu-ray Hi-Def will be packaged in a premium hardcover book format that is loaded with hours of bonus content, including commentary with director Tim Burton and a digital copy which allows consumers a single non-transferable download of the full-length film compatible with iTunes® and Windows Media devices™. The Blu-ray book includes original script pages, excerpts from the Batman Official Book of the Movie and the DC Comics comic book adaptation of the film!

BATMAN: The Movie 20th Anniversary Blu-ray Hi-Def will be available for $34.99 SRP.

About the Movie
Tim Burton’s direction and Michael Keaton’s performance combine perfectly in the first film of the Warner Bros. series which captures GOTHAM CITY’S sinister atmosphere and BATMAN’S brooding nature. Jack Nicholson stars in a memorable performance as the maniacal villain, THE JOKER and Kim Basinger is VICKI VALE, the beautiful and resourceful photojournalist. Featuring songs by Prince and a score by Danny Elfman, BATMAN won the 1990 Oscar® for Best Art Direction/Set Decoration.

Special Features
(Includes all of the special features from the Two-Disc Special Edition DVD):
· Commentary by director Tim Burton
· On the Set with Bob Kane
· Legends of the DARK KNIGHT: The History of BATMAN
o The Comic Book Saga as Reinvented and Reinterpreted over Seven Decades
· Shadows of the Bat: The Cinematic Saga of the DARK KNIGHT Parts 1-3
o The Road to GOTHAM CITY
o The Gathering Storm
o The Legend Reborn
· Beyond Batman Documentary Gallery – 6 Featurettes:
o Visualizing Gotham: The Production Design of BATMAN
o Building the BATMOBILE
o Those Wonderful Toys: The Props and Gadgets of BATMAN
o Designing the BAT-SUIT
o From Jack to THE JOKER
o Nocturnal Overtures: The Music of BATMAN
· Three Prince Music Videos
o Batdance
o Partyman
o Scandalous
· The Heroes and The Villains Profile Galleries
· BATMAN: The Complete ROBIN Storyboard Sequence
· Theatrical trailer

BATMAN 20TH ANNIVERSARY BLU-RAY BOOK
Street Date: May 19, 2009
Pricing: $34.99 SRP

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 11 Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Casual Enthusiast

• 2,694 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 16 2009 - 04:19 AM

Awesome news Ron! I passed on the collection because I only liked the '89 movie. This is a definite buy for me! Posted Image

#3 of 11 Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted March 16 2009 - 06:30 AM

Are the special features any different than the one in the anthology set?

#4 of 11 Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,520 posts

Posted March 16 2009 - 08:08 AM

They should be identical just like The Matrix Blu-ray book release.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#5 of 11 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,816 posts

Posted March 17 2009 - 01:09 PM

Kool. Yet another title that will make use of the BD blank cases I recently bought. Posted Image Bring it!

BTW, any news on whether Batman Returns will also get a standalone release?

_Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#6 of 11 Fabien Renelli

Fabien Renelli

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted March 17 2009 - 11:22 PM

It just bought the UK BDs of the first three movies. I would have liked this BD-book edition but only if it was individually available for the sequels (at least Batman Returns). I'm curious though to have a glimpse of the printed content of this book edition.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

#7 of 11 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 15,993 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 18 2009 - 07:27 AM

as soon as amazon adds this to their site I'll order it.

facebook.com/whotony

#8 of 11 dvdirv

dvdirv

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted March 18 2009 - 08:00 AM

I bought BATMAN from the UK about 2 weeks ago.

Total with shipping was only $18 and it arrived in less than a week.

Check out Sendit.com for the best price.

The transfer on this title was incredible. Why buy the whole set, when you can buy the individual titles for less (I also bought BATMAN RETURNS)?

#9 of 11 StevenW

StevenW

Second Unit

• 363 posts

Posted March 18 2009 - 08:09 AM

Whats with the Anthology being released this month but the first movie being released in May?

#10 of 11 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,063 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted March 18 2009 - 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW
Whats with the Anthology being released this month but the first movie being released in May?
To help maximize sales of the box set.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#11 of 11 Fabien Renelli

Fabien Renelli

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted November 11 2009 - 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien Renelli 

It just bought the UK BDs of the first three movies. I would have liked this BD-book edition but only if it was individually available for the sequels (at least Batman Returns). I'm curious though to have a glimpse of the printed content of this book edition.
Well I lied to myself. I sold the normal UK BD to a friend and bought again the movie in this book-like version. I really like the packging and written stuff. I wonder if the sequels are going to get the same treatment. 

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users