Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Streets Of San Francisco Season 3

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 of 136 MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

Second Unit

• 266 posts

Posted March 12 2009 - 10:59 AM

Does anyone know if and hopefully when Paramount will release the 3rd Season of The Streets of San Francisco on DVD? Thanks!

Robert

#2 of 136 PianoPlayer

PianoPlayer

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted March 13 2009 - 01:13 PM

I have a feeling Paramount has a dilemma on its hands with Season 3 Vol. 1 and can't figure out what to do about it.

Here's the deal: The episode "Mask of Death" features John Davidson as a female impersonator (who looks and sounds a lot like Carol Channing). He performs two different songs, both standards -- "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" and "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend." Both songs are filmed in a way that they're integral to the storyline, and the action. Cutting either song will render the episode virtually senseless.

Because Paramount can't just replace the songs (since the character actually sings them), they need to fork over whatever money is involved to clear the music. Here's hoping ...

#3 of 136 Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 688 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted March 13 2009 - 01:25 PM

Based on reliable info, Season 3 is not currently scheduled in 2009.
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#4 of 136 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,212 posts

Posted March 14 2009 - 07:29 AM

I think Paramount should tell us why, and not leave fans in the dark with yet another stalled classic TV title..this limbo business is a real drag...

#5 of 136 Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,094 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted April 20 2009 - 01:26 PM

Sad the season 3 is in limbo I guess that is what I deserve for spending about 30ish dollars a volume which is about 70.00 per season to see it fail.

Paramount killed the show with the volume sets from the start. I didn't think we'd ever get the full series.

I don't think the two songs (mentioned in prev post) needed would require that much cash since just about anyone can get them including Baz L. for Moulin Rouge - I would guess something could be worked out. always shocked when shows have little songs in them etc like the first season of One Day at a Time - I know it had an Elton John song and I don't know how they made that happen.

Here's to hoping for Season 3, I really like saving the Streets episodes for Sunday afternoon, I guess I will hand them over to Season 2 of Mannix, but even season 3 feels stalled for it since no news yet?

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#6 of 136 jdee28

jdee28

Supporting Actor

• 997 posts

Posted April 20 2009 - 05:28 PM

Maybe they will return to Streets at some point, in 2010, or 2011, or 2012.. Here's hoping we all live that long.

#7 of 136 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,274 posts

Posted April 21 2009 - 12:09 AM

Yeah along with Rawhide and Gunsmoke.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#8 of 136 MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

Second Unit

• 266 posts

Posted April 21 2009 - 11:55 AM

I wouldn't give up on Season 3 of Streets of San Francisco yet. Isn't there supposed to be a new version of Streets of San Franicosco coming out on one of the networks? Wasn't the new version pushed back a year? Perhaps this is what Paramount is waiting for. Does anyone know about this? Also, the last time I checked only the first 2 Seasons had been converted to HD. Maybe Paramount is still working on converting the last 3 Seasons. Also, as far as Rawhide, didn't someone post that the Paramount Syndication List said that Season 4 had been converted to HD? If so, this should indicate a Season 4 Rawhide release. Paramount probably would not have spent the money on the HD remastering on Season 4 of Rawhide if it wasn't planning on an upcoming DVD release. Does anyone know?

Take Care!

Robert

#9 of 136 Jack P

Jack P

Screenwriter

• 2,939 posts

Posted April 21 2009 - 12:41 PM

S4 of "Rawhide" has NOT been trasnferred to HD. The syndication bible says only S2 and S3 nor is there any work in progress revealed.

I hope Streets gets resumed because it's a better show than "Cannon" which for some reason they're continuing releases of (un-remastered no less).

#10 of 136 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,212 posts

Posted April 22 2009 - 01:28 AM

It's much better than "Cannon", yes, but they're very different and I do hope they continue with both. They're at Season 2 of "Cannon", too. I suppose they're remastering SOSF at the moment, and this is the reason for the hold-up of this awesome cop show. Richard Hatch in the last season, fits in pretty good in my opinion, much better than many say. The un-remastered episodes look alright actually, a great deal better than ditto "Cannon", so I wouldn't mind them just releasing these as they are. Whatever comes I'll get it.
Edited by HenryDuBrow - 7/30/2009 at 03:33 pm GMT

#11 of 136 BobSchneider

BobSchneider

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted April 22 2009 - 05:48 PM

The streets of san francisco was a great show and if they keep the prices reasonable 19.95 for split season I'd buy all the mike douglas years. Cannon S1 v1 I was very very disappoint by the low quality of the video and auto captures the pilot was almost unwatchable and I gave up after fourth episode and dint get s1 v2 , I mean the streets of SF werent Five-0 quality but they were very watchable , cannon slid in to d grade release for me and I wont pick up s2 v1 until its reviewed. But streets of SF the chemistry between mike d and Karl malden was great. I'd love to see more sosf and cannon but with better quality release.
Q: Why do you care?

A: You'll never know.

#12 of 136 MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

Second Unit

• 266 posts

Posted April 23 2009 - 09:26 AM

I thought I saw on the Paramount Syndication Listing where Rawhide Season 4 had been or was being remastered in HD. I am sorry if my information was incorrect.

Sincerly,

Robert

#13 of 136 MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

Second Unit

• 266 posts

Posted April 23 2009 - 09:37 AM

While not in the same league as the HD Hawaii Five-O, Mannix, Streets,etc, I thought Cannon Season 1 looked pretty good. The Pilot did look worse than the episodes. Without comparing Cannon to HD mastered shows, the quality will be acceptable and actually as good as a lot of shows out there. Definitely better than a taping off satellite. I am just glad Paramount is releasing it and hope we at least get through Season 3, probably the best Season of Cannon. Actually Season 3 is one of the greatest Season of episodes in television history. Both Season 2 and Season 3 of Cannon had pefect scores: 24 episodes each season and not a single one that was not good. Incredible!

#14 of 136 MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

Second Unit

• 266 posts

Posted April 23 2009 - 09:49 AM

Bob, you may want to try and watch the rest of the 1st Season of Cannon. You are missing a lot of great tv! You probably already do this but in case you don't watch Cannon in full screen mode for better picture, less blurring. A reviewer compared the Cannon Season 1 Video Quality to being about the same with Ironside Season 1. I recently purchased Ironside Season 1. When I get a chance I am going to try to compare the quality between Cannon Season 1 and Ironside Season 1. I hope to get Ironside Season 2 in the future. Bob, I hope you and everyone will buy Cannon Season 2 Volume 1 and Volume 2 if Paramount releases it. We need all the help we can get so sales will be good enough for Paramount to keep releasing Cannon on DVD. Paramount please at least release the Outstanding 3rd Season of Cannon on DVD!

Have A Good Evening!

Robert

#15 of 136 Jack P

Jack P

Screenwriter

• 2,939 posts

Posted April 23 2009 - 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCLOUD
I thought I saw on the Paramount Syndication Listing where Rawhide Season 4 had been or was being remastered in HD. I am sorry if my information was incorrect.

Sincerly,

Robert

"Have Gun With Travel's" S4 is being remastered right now, representing a likely jumpstart of this title later this year. "Rawhide" and "Gunsmoke" are as of now in the limbo status.

#16 of 136 BobSchneider

BobSchneider

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted April 24 2009 - 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCLOUD
Bob, you may want to try and watch the rest of the 1st Season of Cannon. You are missing a lot of great tv! You probably already do this but in case you don't watch Cannon in full screen mode for better picture, less blurring. A reviewer compared the Cannon Season 1 Video Quality to being about the same with Ironside Season 1. I recently purchased Ironside Season 1. When I get a chance I am going to try to compare the quality between Cannon Season 1 and Ironside Season 1. I hope to get Ironside Season 2 in the future. Bob, I hope you and everyone will buy Cannon Season 2 Volume 1 and Volume 2 if Paramount releases it. We need all the help we can get so sales will be good enough for Paramount to keep releasing Cannon on DVD. Paramount please at least release the Outstanding 3rd Season of Cannon on DVD!

Have A Good Evening!

Robert

Ok I'll give canon another try it could very well be I'm spoiled by the fabulous Five -0 sets (got s6 and it looks great too) I enjoy canon in re runs in the 80's so I give it a second shot and look for s1 v2 or s2 v2 at my used dvd store

#17 of 136 BobSchneider

BobSchneider

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted April 24 2009 - 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack P
"Have Gun With Travel's" S4 is being remastered right now, representing a likely jumpstart of this title later this year. "Rawhide" and "Gunsmoke" are as of now in the limbo status.

That would be very cool if Have gun will travel is restarted, if cbs also reissued s1-s3 I seriously consider a double dip, I really love the show, it was amazing how much storytelling could be packed into a half hour showPosted ImagePosted Image

#18 of 136 Kathryn81

Kathryn81

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 29 2009 - 05:50 AM

I have been wondering why I haven't heard any news about the season three release. This is a common problem in TV shows on DVD-the use of songs in episodes (in this case, the songs in the "Mask of Death" episode). One suggestion is to do what they did for "Beverly Hills 90210" (which had a LOT of songs) and just replace it with some generic music. Of course, this would take away some of the drama of the show, but at least we'd be able to see it (and the other episodes in season three)! I hope Paramaount decides to resolve this soon and release season three on DVD! I've been waiting since November of 2008 for the next release! It isn't fair to just give us the first two seasons and then wonder what happened to season three! "The Streets of San Francisco" is one of the finest crime dramas ever on television; the entire series deserves to be available on DVD. I hope to see it SOON!!!!

#19 of 136 Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,094 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted July 29 2009 - 06:00 AM

I think Paramount shot themselves in the foot with Streets of San Fran. I bought every volume the days they were released but we are talking 70.00 for a full season retail priced. I think it didn't sell huge numbers.. but I still have hope for the remainder of the series... they just need to nix these VOLUME 1/2 season sets. I don't mind a higher price but I feel like they love releasing partial tv shows and never finishing them off. Whoever thought it was best to do the 1/2 volumes over at Paramount really does not want the shows sales to succeed at all. It takes so long just to get so few episodes. DYNASTY is the pits to wait for.
Edited by Powell&Pressburger - 7/29/2009 at 06:56 pm GMT

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#20 of 136 Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 688 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted July 29 2009 - 06:11 PM

I really miss getting new releases from this show and am saddened that it has seemingly been abandoned.  Hopefully CBS-P will revisit it before too much longer as they have several of their other shows that were at one point all but abandoned.
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow