Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Original Opening Logo WB / United Artist etc.

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#181 of 181 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,318 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted October 04 2014 - 07:09 AM

Original theatrical prints for BLAZING SADDLES did open first with the Bass W, followed by the flaming WB shield.

Absurdly, the Blu-Ray replaces the Bass W with the modern Burbank-spin-to-shield logo, and *still* goes to the burning shield afterward. Why not just start with the burning shield at that point?

I agree. I first saw the film in the old Warner Home Video pan-and-scan laserdisc because, for no good reason at all, there was no widescreen version until DVD. And boy oh boy, did the print they used for that transfer looked like it had been dragged across the lone prairie. But the Saul Bass W wasn't there and it did just start with the burning shield. It should be there because the burning of the shield is a symbol of how casually Hollywood discards the past sometimes.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users