What's new

Batgirl Is Barbara....Wilson ? (1 Viewer)

Spottedfeather

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I don't know why I never caught this before, but with the release of the REAL Batman movies (Batman/Batman Returns) on blu-ray, I got to thinking. In the movie, she us Alfred's niece. How could they mess something like that up ? I thought that she was the commissioner's daughter, Barbara Gordon. I guess that it's just another in a long line of reasons that the second two Batman movies joined Begins and Dark Knight in the SUCK hall of fame.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Well you have the right to your opinion. As far as Batman Begins and The Dark Knight being in the "suck hall of fame" as you put it, your view is in the minority. I agree that screwing up Batgirl certainly did no good for Batman and Robin, but, more is wrong there then just that. It's a special effects rollercoaster that goes no where after the "ohh and ahhh" moments. The performances are crap and you get the impression through the entire film that that's an okay thing. They didn't want anything getting in the way of those money shots. Having said that, it is fun to watch the action and effects even knowing that's all it is on a whole. Out of the seven feature films made so far, Batman and Robin, in my opinion is the weakest.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Troy, the Burton films are still my favorites. Both Batman Begins and Dark Knight were "ok" (I still don't own DK). So it's nice to know I'm in good company. As far as the Batgirl blunder, I just chalked it up to convinence for the writers. B+R is the weakest but I think it's the most kid friendly. If my 6 year old wants to see a Batman movie, I'll stick that one in.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
Spottedfeather, by saying that the current Batman films are inferior to Burtons, you have made the subject that you intended for this thread non existent. Burton's films are good but compared to Nolan's there a steaming pile of crap. Nolan's films are simpley superior to Burtons in everyway.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I would have definitely pegged you as a Nolan Batman fan, Travis. Learn something new all the time.

For me, there's only Batman, Begins and TDK. I hated every minute of Returns, though it wasn't due to incompetent filmmaking. I like a lot of Burton and admire most of the rest. The other two need not even be mentioned.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
There's a word, man... I can't remember it. Wait a tick! Wait for it, wait for it.

REBOOT!

Different people have different interprations... and opinions apprarently. I for one have more fond memories growing watching and playing with my Batman and Batman Returns films and toys then I do with most films but the words "The Dark Knight" sucks will never, ever... EVER come out of my mouth.

Besides, would'nt it be more believable that the offspring of a commisioner would be better suited for crimefighting then a butler?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I do love the dark stuff so it seems like they'd be up my gloomy alley.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Like I said, I don't think they're bad movies and I understand why people like them, they just didn't work for me.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
Is a separate thread needed for this? Couldn't this be moved to the Official Batman & Robin discussion thread?

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

Well, both Gordon's wife and daughter are named Barbara in the comics, so they got that right. Jim Gordon's son is named after him, so they went through a lot of names before they picked those two, apparently.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member

It's separate because the OP wanted to be a troll out in the open. I'm surprised so many people gave him a reply. Waste of server space.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
And the baby from "Begins" is shown as a little red-haired girl in "Dark Knight", so I think we can assume she'll be the one to grow up and be Batgirl someday.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

Actually I think in the "Nolanverse" it'd be more likely that she gets hit by a bus as a teenager than ever getting within a 100 yards of a batsuit.

Oh and regarding the Nolan and Burton films, they both suck compared to the *real* Batman movie:

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks