Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

vsx-1018 pioneer reciever

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   micdwa1

micdwa1

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted March 08 2009 - 04:20 PM

Hi,Just bought a vsx-1018 pioneer reciever that decodes the latesr audio formats such as true-hd.I have the hdmi cable from my lg hd tv going to my hdmi output on my reciever.Then i have a hdmi cable from my reciever going to my sharp bd-hp20 blu-ray player.When i put in a movie that has true-hd audio on it ,it does not say true-hd on my pioneer lcd display.How do i know if i,m getting the best sound my pioneer reciever puts out.Thank you .

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted March 10 2009 - 02:23 AM

What does the front display say (MultiCh, DTS, Dolby Digital)? Do you have your BD player set to its bitstream output?

If your front display says MultiCH, then you probably have your BD player set to PCM, meaning it is decoding (or trying to decode) itself and sending the decoded content to the AVR as LPCM. If this is the case, switch your BD players audio output to bitstream.

If your front display says DTS or Dolby Digital, it's likely you have the BD player setup properly, but you need to select the TrueHD or DTS-MA soundtrack in the disc menu.