-

Photo
- - - - -

Yahoo Chat

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Brian Sharp

Brian Sharp

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts
  • LocationRobin Hood Country

Posted March 08 2009 - 01:05 AM

"Yahoo Chat" has appeared on my Yahoo mail inbox homepage. Takes up about 1" of space and displaces all my folders. I don't want it but I don't know how to be rid of it. I have looked in "Add/ Remove programmes" but can see nothing there. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,638 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted March 08 2009 - 11:59 PM

I have a yahoo account but didn't see anything. Check the options if any.

If it is in a separate Frame, you can try AdBlock (firefox app) and see if you can block the frame....

Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted March 09 2009 - 05:51 AM

Could it possibly be a Yahoo Toolbar?

Companies like Yahoo & AOL love to install unwanted toolbars on your browser without your permission.

If so, depending on the version of Internet Explorer that you're running, click on the Tools Icon at the top of your screen. Then select Toolbars, then uncheck any listed toolbar that you don't like.

Another Jay
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Brian Sharp

Brian Sharp

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts
  • LocationRobin Hood Country

Posted March 09 2009 - 06:38 AM

Thanks. I should have clarified. I am using Firefox 3. The chat window appears along with my along folders and it is (on my 22" screen) about 2 inches wide by 1 inch high. Cannot see anything in options that will clear it but trying to configure AdBlock at the moment.
It appears half way down my list of folders and is just a nuisance.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,638 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted March 09 2009 - 07:06 AM

Another thing to try if AdBlock doesn't work is NoScript, it's somewhat similar in scope to AdBlock but is more thorough and a bit more complex, it not only blocks static images, it blocks Javascript, Macromedia Flash, and other things, it might be able to block that chat thing. I do like the suggestion from Jay Taylor about doing a spyware search just in case it's some toolbar thing.

I don't see it in my Yahoo email account though I am running NoScript, AdBlock, Flashblock (a very small app just for Macromedia flash) on Firefox 3 too.

Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   amidcars

amidcars

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted April 04 2009 - 01:52 AM

I think you can use a yahoo classic for this. as to what i can understand is this is only your concern to take away yahoo chat console from yahoo inbox..Posted Image