What's new

The Invaders Seasons 1 and 2 !! (1 Viewer)

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
I recently Purchased Seasons 1 & 2 of the Invaders

This show was a replacement for the The Fugitive and does not come even close in the writing or stories.
Season 1 was actually pretty good, but 2 just got down right silly and unrealistic. How can a man be guarded by six armed aliens and still get away ?
Maybe if he was Chuck Norris.
I was really disappointed in season 2 and can easily see why the series was canceled and it's to bad, cause it could have been something really special.
I was waiting for David Vincent to run into Richard Kimble and find out Kimble was an alien.

Q & M must have been spending most of their time finishing up Fugitive and not enough on the Invaders.
How did the Fugitive have "Invaders" music in it when the show did not exist yet ??

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
The original "Invaders" theme was composed by Dominic Frontiere for an OUTER LIMITS offshoot pilot called THE UNKNOWN. The producers also cut that pilot into the final season one episode of OUTER LIMITS called "The Forms Of Things Unknown."

When Dominic Frontiere was hired for THE INVADERS, he reused much of what he'd written for THE UNKNOWN and reworked it for THE INVADERS.

THE INVADERS and THE FUGITIVE aired in the same season, 1966-1967. THE INVADERS started in January while THE FUGITIVE was still airing its fourth season episodes.

Harry

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I tend to be a little kinder to season two episodes of The Invaders because we'll never see another show like it, so despite its faults, and even though I've only been a fan a short time, I have a soft spot for it.

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
I don't mean to be to harsh on the show, but I guess I was expecting something a little more from it, kinda like the Fugitive.
I enjoyed them and will watch them again in about 8 months
I have to say, CBS/Paramount did a fine job on these releases,and
it would have been nice if they could have had closure on this show !

With no new Fugitives to watch the last few months I have had to watch other shows like Invaders and Perry Mason and some shows from the 1980s (God forgive me).

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yeah, the Fugitive debacle was in part what made me seek out The Invaders; that, and a recommendation from a friend on another board.

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
I just finished up watching Fugitive Season 1 tonight and am having withdraw symptons for more.
I am waiting for my desecrated S2V1 to come from Columbia House so I can then mail in the paperwork and get the replacement DVDs, so I have a long wait.
I also finished up Season 2 of Perry Mason tonight.

I am now watching the only 2 episodes of Richard Diamond I have !!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I wonder if you're watching the same Richard Diamond DVD I have....got it a while back and for the longest time thought the first episode on there was the pilot...but it's not.

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
This DVD is put out by Passport Video with 2 episodes, "Picture of Fear" and
"The Chess Player" !
Man, the acting is horrible except for Janssen !

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Alpha Video also has two "Richard Diamond" episodes repeating the "Picture of Fear" episode on the Passport release, but also offering "The Merry-Go-Round Case."

Famous TV Detectives (Peter Gunn / Burke's Law / Richard Diamond) - Television on DVD Starring Craig Stevens; Gene Nelson & David Jansen; Alpha Video : OLDIES.com

These same two episodes also appear on Mill Creek's "Best of TV Detectives."

Mill Creek Details Page

That's pretty much it for Richard Diamond on commercially available DVD.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I bought an alternate set of Harry Diamond a year back, along with Harry O and O'Hara. Quality is not perfect, but at least I can watch the shows.

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
I have never seen an episode of Harry O or OHara, as I was about 9-10 years old at that time and vaguely remember Rockford Files cause it stayed on the air longer.
So many great TV shows I have never seen from the 1960s and 1970s !!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I've been watching a series lately from Where I won't say but it's the Darrent Mcgavin Mike Hammer series, wow I wish they would release them on DVD, it's a hoot from a Noir perspective. It's a shame us classic TV Fans have to resort to such methods but it's not like the studios are given us much choice, look at CBS/Paramount and what they'll force me to do to watch the final seasons of Rawhide. They could have had my money.

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
Yes, I have heard of that great show with Darren McGavin and would love to see it on DVD also !
Whats the deal with Rawhide.....which I have seen a few times ??

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I think not enough people are buying the sets that don't keep coming out. It's a hard pill for fans who love such series to swallow, but that seems to be the case, unfortunately.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I actually think the Fugitive is a niche show, but it is such a good show, and a well-respected show, and maybe in a wierd way it got some publicity on DVD because of what the studio did. I'd rather all seasons be like season 1, of course, but at least all the fans can be proud of their part in effecting change.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks