Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Something For Our "Jem And The Holograms" Fans...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,650 posts

Posted March 06 2009 - 03:00 AM

I recently interviewed Samantha Newark, who provided the speaking voice for the title character on "Jem And The Holograms". The interview can be found on RetroJunk...To be specific, right here: A Talk With Samantha Newark | Article

So, feel free to give it a read and tell me what you think.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I think I did a good job with it.
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#2 of 2 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,557 posts

Posted March 06 2009 - 04:56 AM

You did a pretty good job. The one thing that got missed a bit was a few questions about what kind of projects she is presently working on. I know she talked about doing some independent work with internet distribution, but there was nothing really specific.

It was a good job, considering that it covered subject matter that is really of interest mostly to fans of the show. I have to admit that I have never thought well of TV animation from the seventies and eighties: at least, not until Disney introduced DuckTales. That show created an impetus for studios to improve production values and actually animate characters. Still, the interview was well done, even though I never thought much of the actual show.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users