Photo
- - - - -

FOX Please release new TODD-AO tranfers of CLEOPATRA and DOCTOR DOLITTLE on blue

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 L BENDER

L BENDER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted March 05 2009 - 03:07 AM

These TODD-AO productions will look great on blue. Transfers from 70mm sources Please!

#2 of 7 Greg_M

Greg_M

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted March 05 2009 - 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L BENDER
These TODD-AO productions will look great on blue. Transfers from 70mm sources Please!

These will come in time. All of the FOX Todd-OA films should look excellent on Blu- ray and Fox is aware of that. Also:

Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
The Agony and the Ecstacy
Star!
Hello, Dolly!

"Can-Can" was supposely filmed in Todd-AO but the last DVD had some element problems which I was told could be corrected but it will take time, but it should also look good on Blu-Ray

#3 of 7 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Advanced Member

• 9,899 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 05 2009 - 08:52 AM

If they ever do STAR! on Blu-ray, I hope they're rethink that sepia wash they bathed the entire picture in. It didn't look like that theatrically, and the laserdisc didn't look like that.

#4 of 7 JohnMor

JohnMor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted March 05 2009 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH.
If they ever do STAR! on Blu-ray, I hope they're rethink that sepia wash they bathed the entire picture in. It didn't look like that theatrically, and the laserdisc didn't look like that.

Amen!

#5 of 7 L BENDER

L BENDER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted March 13 2009 - 10:00 AM

When CLEOPATRA is released I hope that they place the opening music for second half at the start of the second disc where it belongs instead of at the end of the first disc.

#6 of 7 ahollis

ahollis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 14 2009 - 03:59 PM

Cleopatra in Blu-ray will more than likely have the whole film on one disc. It sure is irritating the way they did it on the DVD.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#7 of 7 ajabrams

ajabrams

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted March 15 2009 - 03:03 PM

I also look forward to nice deluxe (no pun intended!) BD of CLEOPATRA.
I'd also like to see a BD of OKLAHOMA's Todd-AO version. I remember how thrilling the laserdisc version seemed when it was released and I'm hoping that Fox is planning a redo, especially since the last SD version was such a disappointment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow