Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Knots Landing: The Complete Second Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,620 posts

Posted March 04 2009 - 09:13 PM

Bed-Hopping Becomes the Latest Cul-De-Sac Sport in

KNOTS LANDING:
THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON

The All-Star Cast Includes Ted Shackelford,
Joan Van Ark, Michele Lee, John Pleshette, Donna Mills
and Academy Award® Nominee Don Murray,
with Guest Appearances by Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy

SEDUCING ITS WAY ONTO DVD APRIL 14

BURBANK, CALIF. (March 4, 2009) – The wait is finally over. The cultural phenomenon that showed the seamier side of small town life is back when Warner Home Video debuts Knots Landing: The Complete Second Season on DVD April 14, 2009. Season Two marks the introduction of one of television’s most infamous characters, Abby Cunningham (Donna Mills), who begins her legendary run of seductions and manipulations. Long before Desperate Housewives, Knots Landing delved into the empestuous lives and loves of five suburban families, who live in an always interesting, upper-middle class cul-de-sac. A must-have for every classic TV collection, Knots Landing: The Complete Second Season includes 4 discs containing all 18 episodes, and is priced at $39.98 SRP.

This season, bed-hopping becomes the latest cul-de-sac sport. Who cheats? It’s simpler to list who doesn’t in this sizzling season of the long-running hit series. But wait, there’s more. J.R. and Bobby Ewing swap Texas drilling for California dreaming, a hitchhiker accuses Sid of rape, armed robbers hold the cul-de-sac women hostage, and the season ends with a shocking cliffhanger—literally—when Sid careens toward a seaside cliff!

A spin-off of Dallas, Knots Landing debuted on CBS December 27, 1979 and aired its final episode in 1993. Starring Ted Shackelford (Gary Ewing), Joan Van Ark (Valene Ewing), Michele Lee (Karen Cooper Fairgate) and John Pleshette (Richard Avery), Knots Landing brought to prime time rich, complex characters that were as ruthless, cruel and vindictive as they were vulnerable, loving and compassionate. Winner of an Emmy Award® for Outstanding Achievement in Music Composition and nominated for a total of three Emmy Awards® and one Golden Globe Award® during its 14-season run, the series explored social issues that many other shows avoided, including episodes on illegal and prescription drug abuse, abortion, homelessness, the environment and illiteracy.

The DVD release will be supported by a traditional PR and online media campaign.

EPISODES FEATURED

Hitchhike, Part 1
Hitchhike, Part 2
Remember the Good Times
Change of a Lifetime
Kristen
Step One
Breach of Faith
Scapegoats
A Family Matter
Choices
A State of Mind
Players
The Loudest Word
Moments of Truth
Man of the Hour
More than Friends
Designs
Squeeze Play

BASICS
$39.98 SRP
Street Date: April 14, 2009
Order Due Date: March 10, 2009
Languages: English
Subtitles: ESDH, French
Run Time: Approx 882 minutes
DVD Catalog # 1000089596

Academy Award® and Oscar® are registered trademarks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Emmy Awards® are a registered trademark of The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
Golden Globe® is a registered trademark of Hollywood Foreign Press Association

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Jack Cleveland

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit

• 330 posts

Posted March 05 2009 - 12:56 PM

When the second season comes out, I'm gonna pick it up along with Season 1. Love Dark Shadows and looking forward to Peyton Place- This is going to be a must buy!!

Jack

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts

Posted March 05 2009 - 08:49 PM

Indeed- after all, this is when Knots Landing flies off into the stratosphere- Hello, Abby!!
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted March 06 2009 - 03:24 AM

Normally, I would wait for this title to go on sale. Paid thirty something when season one came out. And now see it for $15. But, two reasons I will get it day one....

-I want to show the studio it will sell.

-And it's my wife's favorite show and she wants it for her b-day two days later. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#5 of 9 ONLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,322 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted April 16 2009 - 04:07 PM

Early observations of KNOTS LANDING Season 2 DVD set.

I purchased Season 1 Last Week at Best Buy for $14.99 and purchased Season 2 at Best Buy in store by matching their Online .com price of 25.99!

The case is not as thick as the First Season which is fine, but even better I love how WB instead of using 2 slim line cases containing the DVDs they used a standard size DVD case much like Paramount uses for DYNASTY or MANNIX which goes inside the classic slipcover we have grown to love from WB's TV Show releases like Dallas etc.

I have watched the first two episodes of KNOTS and the quality is what can be expected from the classic show. It works fine to me. what I did love and I know you all think I am crazy trying to save original Opening logos etc... but it contains what seems to be the old CLASSIC Lorimar logo and WB logo etc intact when, second episode the WB logo is not there but probably wasn't on its original airing.

I did seem to think maybe the original openings so far are not before the show that usually to me anyhow give away the entire episode and I don't mind that they may be missing. Other KNOTS fans please chim in, I could be wrong maybe they didn't air those on the second season? At any rate I am all for keeping a show intact for the fans, but it is a small loss since I skip over those intros esp when I watch DALLAS, i feel like it spoils the fun of letting the show unfold.

I have never seen the show before so it is all new to me.

I hope fans will embrace Season 2, so far the characters are starting and becoming their own, and I automatically loved Donna Mills. ( I kinda thought darn she has kids with her... maybe they will get ran over or something haha)

Season Two seems to be well priced online and currently thru April 18th just go in Best Buy if you choose and take your copy to customer service and tell them you'd like to match their .com price of 25.99. It is a great deal. I think season 1 may still be on sale for $14.99 at best buy also the rest of this week.

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,368 posts

Posted April 17 2009 - 07:59 AM

the precursor show to desperate housewives. I hope the other seasons come sooner than later. It took a few years for the second season to be released.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,319 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted April 17 2009 - 09:52 AM

I can't find reviews for this anywhere. Nothing is online regarding running times, picture/sound quality, anything!

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   florence franks

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator

• 134 posts

Posted April 19 2009 - 02:42 AM

Yeah sadly just like the first season there is no discussion of this outside of the main KL fan board. Its a shame as I wanted to at least get the first 5 seasons.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted May 05 2009 - 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewA
I can't find reviews for this anywhere. Nothing is online regarding running times, picture/sound quality, anything!

Sitcoms Online - Knots Landing - The Second Season DVD Review

Picture and audio quality is once again not exactly the best, plus all episodes are missing the teaser that started each episode, but are otherwise uncut.
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.