• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Chris Maynard

Chris Maynard

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted March 04 2009 - 03:16 PM

Since I purchased my 24" iMac 2.8 Core2 Extreme about a year and a half ago I have really enjoyed working with them. I make my living with PCs but I had almost grown bored with them.

About 7 months later I picked up a 2.4ghz Macbook for personal use when I am on the road (which is a lot) and while it was nice, it just left me wanting something more substantial.

So last weekend I bit the bullet and picked up a new 15" 2.4 Macbook Pro.

This thing is sweet! The screen (being 8 bit vs 6) is much nicer. The backlit keyboard is great in dark rooms. I have always been impressed with Apple's product quality since my first iPod and this notebook does not disappoint.
I did nothing...I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be..

#2 of 7 DaveF

DaveF

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 12,511 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 05 2009 - 01:56 AM

Jealous Posted Image

The new unibody design is so nice. When I browse the Windows laptops in BestBuy, it's a cacophony or screaming toddlers; a mudpit of hideous design. Then I look at the Apple section and it's oasis of attractive, sensible design. My 2007 MBP is doing great, but I wouldn't mind a new MBP to appear in my home.

#3 of 7 Chris Maynard

Chris Maynard

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted March 05 2009 - 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveF
Jealous Posted Image

The new unibody design is so nice. When I browse the Windows laptops in BestBuy, it's a cacophony or screaming toddlers; a mudpit of hideous design. Then I look at the Apple section and it's oasis of attractive, sensible design. My 2007 MBP is doing great, but I wouldn't mind a new MBP to appear in my home.

Isn't that the truth? I have a brand new E4300 Dell laptop for work and it feels so clunky and cheap when I work with it after using my Macbook at home.

While the unibody is very nice I am concerned about durability in the long run. We shall see. Your MB Pro is a proven, durable design. Enjoy it in good health!
I did nothing...I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be..

#4 of 7 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,289 posts

Posted March 05 2009 - 11:52 PM

I have learned something since becoming a Mac user....

Windows and PCs suck. There is nothing I hate more than working
on a Windows computer.

I have converted more than a half dozen people at work from a PC
to a Mac. They all praise the format. Others, scoff at the cost of
Mac hardware. While I agree you can get so much more for the money
when buying a PC, it's only on a MAC that you feel as if you got your
money's worth.

Apple makes solid, quality products. I never mind paying more for
something I know will bring me uncompromising pleasure.

I still am using my 2-year-old Macbook Pro, and it's working wonderfully.
I am eyeing the new Macbook Pros -- especially for their new video cards
and expanded trackpad functions. By year's end I may just buy a new one.

Chris, I have no doubt that you will be incredibly satisfied with your
new Apple product. I would be bored with a Windows computer too.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#5 of 7 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Nutter

• 14,801 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted March 06 2009 - 12:49 AM

Buncha hippy cultists! Posted Image

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#6 of 7 Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts

Posted March 06 2009 - 07:30 AM

BTW: It wasn't widely noted, but along with all the other updates this week, 15" MacBook Pros were speedbumped as well.
Hold on tightly, let go lightly.
My Twitter page

#7 of 7 Chris Maynard

Chris Maynard

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted March 06 2009 - 10:09 AM

Ron - The new trackpad is simply amazing. Why other companies cannot figure out how to do things like this boggles my mind.

I am really enjoying this machine. I just got home from being on the road this week and it treated me very well. In fact, it kept me up too late of few nights. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users