What's new

2 new Bond movies(License to Kill, The Man with the Golden Gun) in May! (1 Viewer)

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Two new Bond movies will be released on May 12th.
Licence to Kill and The Man with the Golden Gun.

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
I really hope they do go ahead with a third in May, and that it's Goldeneye--the sooner I can collect the four Brosnan movies the better. :D

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was strange that we're only getting 3 official Bonds instead of 6 as was initially rumored with the video premiere of QOS.

This duel release seems like an afterthought. I wonder if there was some kind of BD production backlog that caused this.

Golden Gun isn't one of the best Bonds but it's a guilty pleasure so I'll pick it up. I'll probably pass on LTK which is more of a Die Hard knockoff than a Bond film.

RDarrylR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Darryl
Hopefully they add add volume 4 of the collection. I just watched Dr. No again the other day on Blu and hope to have them all on Blu soon.

Bryn

Grip
Interestingly, Goldeneye and Diamonds Are Forever are both now available in HD for rental from the Apple store (if you have an AppleTV).

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I am very excited about Golden Gun and LTK coming to blu ray! (I have The Spy Who Loved Me UE DVD on as I type this).

Any news / reason about the 3rd title for May and why it hasn't been announced yet?

I would imagine the work on Goldeneye had to be redone with a correct master. Perhaps they are working with a time frame and trying to decide if it will be ready in time for May? Just a thought.

Exciting news about the other 2 films. Golden Gun is one of my favorites. I also like LTK quite a bit as well.

Thanks!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It's a bit too early to ask, but the obligatory question is who will have the steelbooks this time around?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It appears that in Australia all of the US titles for March and May are coming in March. In addition the Australia market is also receiving Diamonds Are Forever, The Spy Who Loved Me and Goldeneye.

EzyDVD - Coming Soon

I'll just throw my guess out there and say that Goldeneye will be the 3rd title for the US, and that later on in 2009 (July?) we will get The Spy Who Loved Me, Diamonds Are Forever and 1 more to round it out.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have several questions about the Bond movies on Blu-Ray, which I hope people here can help me answer.

1) Will Quantum of Solace be the third movie in the May box set, with MWTGG and LTK? This was rumored on the MI6 web site: MI6 News :: `Quantum` may join LTK and TMWTGG for fourth Blu-Ray box set

If so, why release it in May? Shouldn't we know that in advance, so we don't buy in March, only to find it in the box set in May?

2) Are the Bond movies changing studio hands again soon? That is, will the DVD/BD rights be switching to another studio (Fox?) in the not-too-distant future? And does that mean that there will be yet another re-issue on the new studio's label? How does the changing of DVD rights affect the bonus material content? Does that move? What about the transfers? Are the current transfers the property of MGM, and the next studio responsible for their own?

If it is the case that they are changing hands, I might be inclined to wait and see what the next studio does with the films, not because I dislike what MGM has done (the new BD transfer are very good) but because I absolutely hate the box set construction.

Thanks in advance for any input!

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
If they move to Fox, unlikely, since Fox has been handling MGM's home video output for the last several years.

That said, I haven't heard any reason to believe that they'll be changing studios.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
So with the release of these two movies just over a week away, has there been any word on a fourth box set? Or will these films only be available separately? I'd like to stay consistent in how I buy these.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. I have the first three box sets and would like to collect them all in the fashion, if possible. I'm not a stickler for such things, but there is less plastic in the box sets (a modest plus in my opinion), it would look better on my shelf and the films are cheaper this way.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I'm wondering if Fox will include these two titles in a "bigger" wave coming down the line.

I just don't see any rationale for release two titles, as opposed to three.

Very strange strategy here.

Real Name
Karl Pozorski

If you look at what's left it makes a bit more sense.

3 from the Connery era:
You Only live Twice
On Her Majesty's Secret Service(Lazenby)
Diamonds are Forever

3 From the Moore Era:
Spy Who Loved Me
Octopussy
View to a Kill

3 from the Brosnan Era:
Living Daylights(Dalton)
Goldeneye
Tomorrow Never Dies

They can use 1 from each era and make three more Volumes. Although I don't know why they chose to do two at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks