Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

T3 Bluray Re-release 5/12/09

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,442 posts

Posted February 25 2009 - 10:50 AM

I am wondering if anyone here knows if the following information is correct or incorrect reguarding the audio track.

Audio:
ENGLISH: Dolby Digital 5.1
SPANISH: Dolby Digital 5.1
FRENCH: Dolby Digital 5.1

If this is correct then WB is doing it again and not giving us a lossless audio track. If T3 is in fact being released again and without a lossless audio track, that will be no sale for me! I already have T3 on HD-DVD with a Dolby Digital Plus track so for me I see no reason to go backwards to Dolby Digital.

Supporter of 1080p & 4K video / Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted February 25 2009 - 10:52 AM

I saw that at Blu-ray.com and read the review. I sure hope this is incorrect information. That was the reason I stopped my support of HD-DVD, no lossless. I'll do the same with Blu-ray.
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,442 posts

Posted February 25 2009 - 11:05 AM

I will not stop support for Bluray but I will put off buying any title that doesn't offer lossless audio. I would rather spend my money on other titles that do offer lossless audio.

Supporter of 1080p & 4K video / Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,353 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted February 25 2009 - 11:23 AM

"Re-packaging" or "re-marketing" is the more appropriate term. The disc will be the same as before.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   Martin Henry

Martin Henry

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted February 25 2009 - 12:08 PM

Sony are releasing the UK BD in May also. Dolby TrueHD is the attached audio. Should be region free...

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   EnricoE

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts

Posted February 25 2009 - 01:36 PM

as i said before. wait for the euro/asian release from sony. it'll have lossless audio (lpcm or dolby true-hd).

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted February 25 2009 - 02:09 PM

I thought Warner made some sort of announcement recently that stated they would offer lossless audio on all future catalog.

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Martin Henry

Martin Henry

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted February 25 2009 - 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
I thought Warner made some sort of announcement recently that stated they would offer lossless audio on all future catalog.
I don't think that applies here. I'm sure they have a stack of pressed discs that they'll either re-package or simply re-release.

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   ATimson

ATimson

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted February 26 2009 - 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Henry
I don't think that applies here. I'm sure they have a stack of pressed discs that they'll either re-package or simply re-release.
Seeing as how they let the previous edition go out of print, I doubt they already had the discs sitting around. I agree that it'll be the same disc, but it's probably a new pressing.
"Niceness is the greatest human flaw, except for all the others."
--Brendan Moody

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Gabriel.H

Gabriel.H

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted February 26 2009 - 05:55 AM

Warner can expect lots of people including me not buying this unless it is lossless audio.

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,353 posts

Posted February 26 2009 - 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATimson
Seeing as how they let the previous edition go out of print, I doubt they already had the discs sitting around. I agree that it'll be the same disc, but it's probably a new pressing.
They probably let it go out of print for marketing purposes, not because of a lack of stock.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,442 posts

Posted February 26 2009 - 11:22 AM

If WB is really going to provide Dolby Digital lossy track on the release on 5/12, I for one will not be buying it. I thought that WB said it would offer lossless audio for all releases after there press release?

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   ATimson

ATimson

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted February 26 2009 - 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moritz
I thought that WB said it would offer lossless audio for all releases after there press release?
This is not a new edition, though.
"Niceness is the greatest human flaw, except for all the others."
--Brendan Moody

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,442 posts

Posted February 27 2009 - 07:28 AM

I didn't realize that when I first say the release listing on DVD Empire. I was hoping that we would get a new transfer with a lossless audio track so I could ditch my HD-DVD with Dolby Digital Plus. Posted Image

I will most likely buy T3 again but only if it is released with a lossless audio track. I am for sure going to buy the T2 set coming out with the Terminator skull. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Martin Henry

Martin Henry

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted February 27 2009 - 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway
They probably let it go out of print for marketing purposes, not because of a lack of stock.
Exactly. Withdraw, create demand and then re-issue as a tie-in.

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,353 posts

Posted February 27 2009 - 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Henry
Exactly. Withdraw, create demand and then re-issue as a tie-in.
It also allows them to present it in ads and at stores as a "new release" that week. As a catalog title it would be slow moving and blended in with the other 100s of titles. As a "new release" it can be at the forefront of attention with the other couple dozen actual new releases.

Back to Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow