What's new

T3 Bluray Re-release 5/12/09 (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am wondering if anyone here knows if the following information is correct or incorrect reguarding the audio track.

Audio:
ENGLISH: Dolby Digital 5.1
SPANISH: Dolby Digital 5.1
FRENCH: Dolby Digital 5.1

If this is correct then WB is doing it again and not giving us a lossless audio track. If T3 is in fact being released again and without a lossless audio track, that will be no sale for me! I already have T3 on HD-DVD with a Dolby Digital Plus track so for me I see no reason to go backwards to Dolby Digital.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I saw that at Blu-ray.com and read the review. I sure hope this is incorrect information. That was the reason I stopped my support of HD-DVD, no lossless. I'll do the same with Blu-ray.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I will not stop support for Bluray but I will put off buying any title that doesn't offer lossless audio. I would rather spend my money on other titles that do offer lossless audio.

Martin Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yer Da
Sony are releasing the UK BD in May also. Dolby TrueHD is the attached audio. Should be region free...

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
as i said before. wait for the euro/asian release from sony. it'll have lossless audio (lpcm or dolby true-hd).

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I thought Warner made some sort of announcement recently that stated they would offer lossless audio on all future catalog.

Martin Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yer Da
I don't think that applies here. I'm sure they have a stack of pressed discs that they'll either re-package or simply re-release.

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
Seeing as how they let the previous edition go out of print, I doubt they already had the discs sitting around. I agree that it'll be the same disc, but it's probably a new pressing.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
If WB is really going to provide Dolby Digital lossy track on the release on 5/12, I for one will not be buying it. I thought that WB said it would offer lossless audio for all releases after there press release?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I didn't realize that when I first say the release listing on DVD Empire. I was hoping that we would get a new transfer with a lossless audio track so I could ditch my HD-DVD with Dolby Digital Plus. ;)

I will most likely buy T3 again but only if it is released with a lossless audio track. I am for sure going to buy the T2 set coming out with the Terminator skull. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
It also allows them to present it in ads and at stores as a "new release" that week. As a catalog title it would be slow moving and blended in with the other 100s of titles. As a "new release" it can be at the forefront of attention with the other couple dozen actual new releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks