Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Amazon seller-Video and Audio Center

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   bmeyer6472

bmeyer6472

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted February 23 2009 - 02:48 PM

I recently had an experience with this Amazon seller, and I'd like to let others know: I bought a blu-ray player from them, and they shipped it immediately and inexpensively. Unfortunately, the player was defective, and within one day of me informing them, they arranged to have it picked up by UPS, and offered me a full refund. No hassle, no questions asked, and very courteous on the phone and in emails. I would recommend this seller to anyone, based on my experience with them. I was frankly stunned that they gave me no hassle whatsoever.

Bob

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   dschill

dschill

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted March 17 2009 - 03:29 AM

thats why i support amazon.
Posted Image

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   HDTVCAMERA

HDTVCAMERA

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 18 2009 - 03:47 AM

I purchased a defective Sony XBR from Video and Audio Center. The screen looked like a fun house mirror on the right third of the screen. The same area had a pie shaped cloud that was clearly visible during any dark scene of a movie.

I brought the TV back to the store for what I thought would be a quick exchange. The sales clerk set the TV up on the counter of the store with halogen MR-16 spot lights pointing at the screen and put on a sports show. He told me that he couldn't see any clouds in the picture. When I told him that this wasn't a realistic test he told me that I was too picky, Huh? I just spent $2300 for a defective TV and I'm too picky?

I then moved to the subject of the fun house look of the screen when turned off. The salesman told me that all Sony screens look like that. I walked over to the display TVs and showed him none of the floor samples looked that way.

Throughout the process he kept speaking some guy in the back. I was told that I would have to wait to speak to the owner of the store. I patiently waited for well over a half hour.

When I started to tell another customer who was looking at the same TV about my experience I was violently shoved from behind. The store owner who had been there the whole time got in my face. His tone and demeanor were violent and threatening.

I ended up calling the police. Needless to say. I would NEVER go back to Video and Audio Center.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   dancingdave12

dancingdave12

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted April 24 2009 - 05:43 PM

It does seem that the power/policies of Amazon is the deciding factor in these experiences. When the bully store needs to comply with policies of amazon to stay with them, they do the right thing. When 1 on 1 in the store, they run riot and rough-shod. Amzing that you have to call the Police to air a complaint about a product

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   HDTVCAMERA

HDTVCAMERA

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 05 2009 - 05:09 AM

The reason I had to call the police  was that I had been told to get out of the store.  The store owner pointed up and said that there were cameras recordng the event.  The cameras would have recorded the assault that had just taken place by the owner but when the police got there they were all mysteriously not working.  I am certain that if I had left the store, the owner would have said that I had taken my TV with me and since I didn't have any paperwork to the contrary I would have been screwed. 

I needed the police there to verify that I left without the TV.  This was a total waste of time, and a lot of stress that I didn't need.  This place could have taken care of business and accepted what was obviously defective for an exchange.  Instead they chose to go to war with their customer.

I'd suggest sticking to the majors.  Costco is a worthy retailer and returns are not a hastle if you have an problem.

I am a Amazon prime customer and purchase from them at least 3 times a month.  I have never returned a product that I purchased from them.  My only fear with large products like TV's is the difficulty of a return if needed.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   zeobray

zeobray

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 28 2009 - 03:18 PM

Sharing new things if you are interested in online searching.
Hope you can find more things here.

china]http://www.global-wholesale.com
china]http://www.everbuying.com
wow]http://www.mygamesale.com

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   betsy

betsy

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 01 2011 - 06:10 AM

Everything you say is true. Total scam artists. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Belladove

Belladove

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted May 24 2012 - 08:50 PM

I used to purchase a ARCTIC mc001 from Amazon. However, they forgot to send me a TV tuner. I did not notice that, either. I was surprised that they sent me a mail to apologize. I receive a TV tuner a month later. Even though it is a little bit late, i can accept it. I suggest that anyone who would like to purchase a large package online, you are better off read the package content carefully before you order. The online retailer may or accidently miss some components.