Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Nanny and the Professor/Ghost and Mrs. Muir - why not on DVD?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 of 30 Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted February 23 2009 - 12:16 PM

I would have thought that these two series would have done well on DVD. After all, both Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie have been released and I see these two as perhaps appealling to the same audiences.

#2 of 30 vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted February 23 2009 - 12:26 PM

Most of the episodes of Nanny and the Professor are available on Hulu (uncut of course). The picture quality isn't all that great, though.
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#3 of 30 MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,008 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted February 23 2009 - 01:04 PM

Fox never bothered to remaster their pre-Simpsons, non-M*A*S*H syndication library, because they assume no one wants it.

I imagine Shout! Factory will get their hands on these shows sooner or later.

Enough is enough, Disney. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray.

My DVD/BD List at DVD Aficionado

#4 of 30 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,722 posts

Posted February 23 2009 - 01:56 PM

would love to see both shows on dvd.

#5 of 30 MBrousseau

MBrousseau

Stunt Coordinator

• 215 posts
  • LocationQuebec City, Canada

Posted February 23 2009 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly
would love to see both shows on dvd.

Indeed, that would be great. I liked both shows too!
Girl power rules: Samantha, Jeannie, Jaime 
Come visit my You Tube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/ez2me2009

#6 of 30 DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,916 posts

Posted February 24 2009 - 02:25 AM

Maybe some letter writing to Shout! might be worth a shot Posted Image

#7 of 30 nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted February 24 2009 - 02:55 AM

I would love to see both of these on DVD. Heard so many great things about them would be great to finally see them in.

#8 of 30 nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted February 24 2009 - 03:28 AM

you should post a request on the shout forum

Shout! Factory Community - Classic TV I?d love to see on Shout! Factory DVD

#9 of 30 Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,879 posts

Posted February 24 2009 - 03:40 AM

Since Shout! Factory has access to the Fox vaults, they'd be more than likely to release these titles soon, so don't be surprised if you hear good news within a few months.
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#10 of 30 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted February 24 2009 - 04:23 AM

I'd be in for "Ghost...." , can't remember the "Nanny...." series. I need to jog the memory at IMDB or elsewhere.

Hope Charles is right about Shout! Sounds logical to me.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#11 of 30 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,335 posts

Posted February 24 2009 - 07:56 AM

Both shows were extremely literate; "Ghost" holds up the best today...it's kind of a timeless theme. "Nanny" was little appreciated in its time; it was quieter, but well-written.

#12 of 30 ToddR2

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted February 24 2009 - 11:56 AM

I thought that I had read in one of the threads on Ghost and Mrs.Muir that MPI was mulling over the idea of releasing this show, but I couldn't find the post. MPI release similar fare: The Doris Day Show, Family Affair, Here's Lucy. As to their being literate shows, that's something else altogether.

#13 of 30 Gregory V

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator

• 202 posts

Posted February 24 2009 - 12:13 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing either one of these again....but haven't they announced The Ghost & Mrs. Muir before now???? I figured it was just one of those things they announced and then discarded before the release date...like Bridget Loves Bernie.

http://www.tvshowson...t-Mrs-Muir/5300

#14 of 30 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,722 posts

Posted February 24 2009 - 02:18 PM

that news was from way back in 2006. Lets hope that we see a release soon, if indeed MPI bought the series rights for dvd.

#15 of 30 Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted January 24 2010 - 01:30 AM

Any more news on either of these two shows please?  With Bewitched and Jeannie now complete now seems a good time.....

#16 of 30 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,034 posts

Posted January 24 2010 - 02:58 AM

Okay, so you know that since they are Fox shows if you do get them, they won't be remastered and will be taken from dirty 16mm transfers. I want them too but don't clamor for them and then complain that they look bad on your 100 inch HD sets. I'd just be happy to get them but you know what you get with a Fox show.

#17 of 30 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,198 posts

Posted January 25 2010 - 12:49 AM

My HD Set has a Small-Screen Mode (about 20" wide), that I joking call "The Mill Creek Mode". (If you've ever bought any of their PD "Shovelware" Sets you know what I'm talking about.) If the Video Quality suffers on the larger screen I'll switch over to the smaller mode and watch it that way./img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 33,704( 733 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,379  :biggrin:  Serial Chapters - 1,102 :B)

#18 of 30 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,034 posts

Posted January 25 2010 - 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus 

My HD Set has a Small-Screen Mode (about 20" wide), that I joking call "The Mill Creek Mode". (If you've ever bought any of their PD "Shovelware" Sets you know what I'm talking about.) If the Video Quality suffers on the larger screen I'll switch over to the smaller mode and watch it that way./img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif
     Good for you. That's a sensible approach. I was actually referring to the people who hated the Room 222 set because of the faded prints that were used and wouldn't buy the set because of it. Those folks wouldn't be a good audience for any non-Irwin Allen Fox product that we may ever see released.

#19 of 30 Brett*H

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator

• 203 posts

Posted March 10 2010 - 02:53 AM

For those of you who don't remember "Nanny and the Professor" or who have never seen it, you can watch episodes of it at Hulu.

It would be great to see an official release of both this series and "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir".

Hopefully MPI or even Shout! Factory will obtain these and see their way to release either or both.

MPI did a fairly decent job with "The Doris Day Show" (and they released the entire series to boot) so we'd be very happy if they released the above 2 series.

#20 of 30 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,034 posts

Posted March 10 2010 - 03:06 AM

Right now it appears that Shout is the only company that is licensing stuff from Fox. MPI still goes only with deals that they can make with individuals or estates. Timeless licenses but they had a major court battle with Fox years ago and those companies are not likely to do any business with each other any time soon. So, if you want those shows, and I would love to get them myself and upgrade my off-air syndication copies, Shout is the only option at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users