Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

2.1 speaker suggestions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 AmusingistheDawn

AmusingistheDawn

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted February 23 2009 - 11:28 AM

Here is the thing...my girlfriend uses her ipod and itunes for almost all her music. I usually prefer to buy a CD and play it through my player. I don't have very good speakers for the computer right now, so I'd like to install something nice for her since she does most listening at the computer.

What would you guys suggest?

...on a side note, I'm getting more and more interested in the use of a computer in my home theater. I'm not into using the PC as a HTPC...just doesn't make sense to me when I have a whole dedicated theater room, but the transfer of music from the computer to the other room would be neat. What really stops me now is quality. I don't know much about lossless audio or getting uncompressed audio on the PC.

This really turned out to be two threads in onePosted Image I suppose a good suggestion on a 2.1 audio system for my PC would make sense for now.
Samsung HL61A750  -PS Audio Soloist into Quintet  -Denon 2808CI  -Denon DCD-3520 (Burr-Brown OPA-627opamps & Elna Silmic II capacitors)  -Panasonic DMP-BD35K  -Dish Vip722  -Harmony One  -Klipsch KLF-20's (HT mains)  -Klipsch KLF C-7 (Crites crossover)  -Klipsch S-2's  -Klipsch RW-10 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users