Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Rawhide - Stalled/Abandoned?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#81 of 99 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted June 10 2009 - 10:53 PM

I signed up for the Amazon notification. Can't hurt.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#82 of 99 OFFLINE   michael_ks

michael_ks

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 04:58 AM

Agree, Jeff. Like you and Gary I want this series to succeed on DVD so bad I'm willing to try anything, so I signed up as well. I really want those Endre Boehm years (S4-5) at least, which apparently are still very much like the first three seasons, even if there are a higher percentage of clunkers. No matter what, "Rawhide" from S3 on still features a great cast, superb guest stars from that era, and of course those tranquil, gorgeous vistas.

#83 of 99 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 01:57 PM

Everyone wrote off Have Gun Will Travel when we went over 3 years without a release. But now it's looking like they are ready to continue with it. And Mad About You went 4 years between releases. Happy Days had a 32 month gap. The only thing sure with this TV on DVD stuff is that nothing is for sure. BTW, I don't know the show that well. Up until when would you say the show stayed at a high level?

#84 of 99 OFFLINE   Clay Forrester

Clay Forrester

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 02:21 PM

Just added myself to the Amazon notification. And thanks for the alert on that. I'll have wife do likewise--she's a big fan also. Hadn't heard about HGWT. That's quite a surprise, and a good one. Here's hopin'. My feeling on RAWHIDE's later seasons is 4/5 are pretty terrific (from what I've seen), and though I've seen less of the remaining ones, there's certainly enough good eps for them to be worthwhile. With the high quality control overall, talent involved, even weaker seasons of this series are like must-sees today. My two cents.

#85 of 99 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,295 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 03:04 PM

I'm in for all 8 seasons if they want to sell them to me..
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#86 of 99 OFFLINE   Sky Captain

Sky Captain

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 03:22 PM

Ever consider watching some new TV programs on DVD, instead of watching the same ones that you already saw a billion times? Might want to consider it.

#87 of 99 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 03:51 PM

I'll answer this first, although I'm sure they'll be quite a few folks wanting to jump on this. Rawhide - except for a few episodes I saw when I was visiting a friend in Florida 25 years ago, I've never seen the show. The Untouchables - haven't seen them in about 35 years. Have Gun Will Travel - never really seen the show The Fugitive - watched them last when they ran on A&E about 15 years ago and I find that there are many of them which I don't remember at all. Naked City - saw them all once, over 20 years ago. Hawaii Five-O - watched it on and off on CBS, not since. So what episodes I did see, it was 30-40 years ago. The Invaders - never really watched it. Mod Squad - haven't seen them in 35 years. About the only shows in my collection that I have seen so many times that I know them very well are The Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, Honeymooners and Man From UNCLE. There are many old shows in my collection that I've never seen even once. As NBC used to say, if you haven't seen it, it's new to you. And I'd rather watch almost anything from the 50s and 60s than now.

#88 of 99 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,593 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 04:03 PM

First of all, this is a thread about RAWHIDE. It would only be natural that the people participating in this thread are interested in this show. Therefore it should come as no shock if posters here aren't as interested in talking about or watching new shows. Secondly, it's a big assumption to think we've all seen these episodes a billion times. The fact is many of these older series have not been seen in syndication for many years, and sometimes for more than a decade. Therefore, going back to point one, for some folks watching these on dvd is like watching them for the first time, not the billionth time. Gary "I see that Neil has made great points concerning this as well" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#89 of 99 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,077 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 05:43 PM

With the CBS/Paramount split sometime ago, PHE no longer handles any of the CBS Television Properties - it's all though CBS now.

#90 of 99 OFFLINE   michael_ks

michael_ks

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted June 12 2009 - 02:00 AM

You know guys, the Cap'n may have a point. Ten to the ninth power X 52 min X 84 episodes is an awful lot of viewing--and that's just for S1-3 of "Rawhide". Are you sure we're not neglecting our families?

#91 of 99 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted June 12 2009 - 04:22 AM

Not all of us have families, for one thing.

#92 of 99 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,771 posts

Posted June 12 2009 - 04:30 AM

Nope. No family here. I am a widower, and all alone. Posted Image

#93 of 99 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,593 posts

Posted June 12 2009 - 06:42 AM

I'm pretty sure Michael was just kidding with the "neglecting our families" bit. Gary "I just hope we hear good news shortly about the continuation of this series" O.

#94 of 99 OFFLINE   michael_ks

michael_ks

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted June 12 2009 - 09:27 AM

Indeed I was, Gary. Most assuredly.

#95 of 99 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted June 12 2009 - 04:20 PM

Mike, kidding Posted Image Naww.... Posted Image I got that one & I ain't the fastest 'net-er in the west.

As for watching the older shows multiple times, I haven't seen Rawhide since they originally aired and didn't see S1 or most of S2 at all back then. I was watching cartoons back then.

Another example is The Fugitive. I'm a 1st-time viewer of the show on DVD.

Jeff "Had enough rain in DFW lately, Mike?" W.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#96 of 99 OFFLINE   Rickymittalh

Rickymittalh

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted June 12 2009 - 05:24 PM

This has been discussed in a couple of other
Posted Image

#97 of 99 OFFLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,293 posts

Posted June 19 2009 - 02:04 PM

I also signed up for the Amazon notification - hopefully that will help Rawhide fans get S4 released. If anything, it can't hurt.
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#98 of 99 OFFLINE   Sky Captain

Sky Captain

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted June 23 2009 - 04:46 PM

So Gary, why don't you buy a HDTV set, cable box/dish, a DVD recorder, a subscription to said HDTV services, and just record Hogan's Heroes off of TV?

#99 of 99 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,593 posts

Posted June 23 2009 - 09:07 PM

What this has to do with the price of tea in China I'll never know, but to answer your question Cap... I already own all 6 seasons of HOGAN'S HEROES on dvd, so there's no need for doing what you suggest, although I do have an HDTV, a Direct TV HD box, a DVD recorder, and a subscription to said HDTV services. But since CBS/Paramount has already supplied me with all 6 seasons of the show in question, there's no need for me to create my own discs for this show. Gary "???" O.