What's new

T2 Announced on BD (1 Viewer)

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Jumping Jehosophat! Lionsgate is re-releasing Terminator 2 in a new super-deluxe version? I didn't see that one coming.

Adam

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Definite day 1 pick up! :emoji_thumbsup:

troy evans

Screenwriter
This is AWESOME!!!!! I have to get that bust! I guess I can expect to pay anywhere between $150-$175 on release day. Although, for something this nice, I don't mind at all.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
If they offered only the new Skynet Edition in the endoskull bust, I'd get it. I already have the Ultimate and Extreme Editions.

Having said that, can't wait!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
This is freakin' AWESOME news!!! I've bought more copies of T2 than any other movie except Star Wars, but I'll gladly "dip" again for this edition. Sounds incredible. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I was expecting something a little more comprehensive since the current disc can be had for about $10 these days. But I'll assume Van did a great job with the constraints of the project.

The 6-disc multi-edition seems a bit silly and even redundant. A second Blu-ray disc collecting the extras from the previous DVD releases would've been a very solid addition. I already own the UE and the XE, and would much rather unload those discs than have to keep them for all the extras. But I guess with this new Blu-ray release, I could essentially toss the first discs from the SD releases?

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
The skull looks pretty, but I'm not paying $145 for it and a digital copy.

(Why the heck doesn't the normal Blu-ray have a digital copy? Everything else does these days...)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So am I correct in assuming that the 6 disc set is the Ultimate Edition DVD (the one I have is a DVD-18 but I think later versions were spread over two discs), the two disc Extreme Edition and the new Blu-ray release?

Or long story short, if I don't want an Endoskeleton skull and I already have DVDs, I can just buy the newest BR, correct?

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
Question that just occurred to me: which cut(s) will the Blu-ray have? I don't mind if it doesn't have the one with the future-coda attached, but I'm hoping it has both extended and theatrical...

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Holy shit! Van Ling REALLY outdid himself! I'm assuming he put this together. I'll just buy the Skynet Edition and skip on the Endo Skull for now. What's the point of Digital Copy anyway? The sixth disc should've been exclusive to the Endo Skull as a DVD of brand-new extras. Digital Copy is pointless.
Just, wow.:D

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
"All-new English 6.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Lossless"

I thought 6.1 sound had been...ummm...terminated. What's with that? Could they not have *pretended* it was 7.1 and doubled the backs up?? I wouldn't have noticed then.

Anyway, guess I'll be buying T2...again. And almost certainly not for the last time.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The extras on the Skynet Edition sound fine to me, and I'm sure Van did a good job with the menus and such. But in the end, the only thing that matters to me is how well the transfer was done. If they blew it with DNR and/or EE, it will be a MAJOR disappointment. Experience shows that the "THX-certified" label is worthless. If the transfer is top notch, they should be given heaps of accolades.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

Exactly. Given this new version is using the same master as the current version, I don't expect major improvements despite some "clean up" and new encode as I think most of the issues are in the master. I do know the AVC Japanese version is only very slightly better than the U.S. MPEG-2 version.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Some people are saying that a new Cameron-approved master will be done for a 2011 release, but that's a ways off.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I'll pass on the Terminator Skull but will pick up the BD only set.

Looks like it has both cuts which it should have. Hopefully the PQ is a significant upgrade from both the US and UK BD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.