Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Oscar predictions contest - get your ballot in!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 of 33 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted February 22 2009 - 11:43 AM

Performance by an actor in a leading role Who Should Win: Sean Penn Who Will Win: Mickey Rourke Performance by an actor in a supporting role Who Should Win: Heath Ledger Who Will Win: Heath Ledger Performance by an actress in a leading role Who Will Win: Kate Winslet Performance by an actress in a supporting role Who Should Win: Viola Davis Who Will Win: Marisa Tomei Best animated feature film of the year Who Should Win: WALL-E Who Will Win: WALL-E Achievement in art direction Who Should Win: Curious Case of Benjamin Button Who Will Win: Curious Case of Benjamin Button Achievement in cinematography Who Should Win: The Dark Knight Who Will Win: The Dark Knight Achievement in costume design Who Should Win: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Who Will Win: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Achievement in directing Who Should Win: David Fincher Who Will Win: Danny Boyle Best documentary feature Who Should Win: Man on Wire (I have not seen any) Who Will Win: Man on Wire Best documentary short subject Who Should Win: The Witness(I have not seen any) Who Will Win: The Witness Achievement in film editing Who Should Win: Curious Case of Benjamin Button Who Will Win: Dark Knight Best foreign language film of the year Who Should Win: Waltz with Bashir (I have not seen any) Who Will Win: Waltz with Bashir Achievement in makeup Who Should Win: Curious Case of Benjamin Button Who Will Win: Curious Case of Benjamin Button Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score) Who Should Win: Slumdog Millionaire Who Will Win: Slumdog Millionaire Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original song) Who Should Win: Jai Ho Who Will Win: Jai Ho Best motion picture of the year Who Should Win: Curious Case of Benjamin Button Who Will Win: Slumdog Millionaire Best animated short film Who Should Win: Presto Who Will Win: Presto Best live action short film Who Should Win: The Pig Who Will Win: The Pig Achievement in sound editing Who Should Win: The Dark Knight Who Will Win: The Dark Knight Achievement in sound mixing Who Should Win: Dark Knight Who Will Win: Dark Knight Achievement in visual effects Who Should Win: Curious Case of Benjamin Button Who Will Win: Curious Case of Benjamin Button Adapted screenplay Who Should Win: Curious Case of Benjamin Button Who Will Win: Curious Case of Benjamin Button Original screenplay Who Should Win: Milk Who Will Win: Milk Wanted was nominated for an Oscar, lol. 14/24

#22 of 33 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 18,315 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 22 2009 - 12:17 PM

Ron and i are live on the Oscar IRC chat, if its not working for you via the browser download MIRC on the PC or Snak on the Mac and join us! Call 908 461 7181 if you need technical help.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications

#23 of 33 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,086 posts

Posted February 22 2009 - 12:17 PM

Only 15 minutes left to get in a ballot!
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#24 of 33 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,086 posts

Posted February 22 2009 - 12:47 PM

And the balloting is now closed.

#25 of 33 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,086 posts

Posted February 22 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hopefully I've done all the computations correctly to declare a winner:

Tino!

We had 3 folks tied for the top spot with a score of 20, but Tino got the 2nd tie-breaker (Live Action Shot) correct with "Toyland", so he barely nudges Edwin-S and Patricia H., both of whom also scored 20 correct.

Unless someone objects with the results, I'll be sending Tino a list of blu-ray titles,and he'll be choosing 3 BDs from the list for being the winner of the HTF 2009 Oscars Pick'em challenge. Thanks to all who submited a ballot for this challenge.

Here are the scores from the participants:

20 Edwin-S
20 Tino (Wins on the 2nd tie-breaker)
20 Patricia H

19 Kirk Tsai
19 LynxFX
19 WlknDisaster
19 Robert H

18 Ray H

17 Michael Elliott

16 Elizabeth S

15 Patrick

14 RyanAn

13 TravisR
13 Zach F

12 Neil Middlemiss
12 Eric Peterson

11 Jose Martinez
11 Jason Kirkpatri
11 Joseph Bolus

10 MaritimeGirl

9 Richard JL
9 troy evans

8 Simon W
8 ErichH

7 Sam Posten

#26 of 33 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 6,032 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted February 22 2009 - 05:20 PM

Woo HooPosted Image

That was close. Lucky guesses. Thanks Patrick.!
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#27 of 33 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,086 posts

Posted February 22 2009 - 05:41 PM

If no one can challenge the results, I'll be sending the list to Tino on Monday evening. I'm dead tired, so I might have made a computational mistake, so I want to make sure the results are good.

#28 of 33 OFFLINE   troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted February 22 2009 - 05:42 PM

Conrats Tino! You got your acceptance speech ready? Posted Image
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#29 of 33 OFFLINE   troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted February 22 2009 - 05:44 PM

Not from me Pat. Alot of mine were guess work. This was a neat little contest by the way. Thanks man, it was fun. Posted Image
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#30 of 33 OFFLINE   LynxFX

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted February 22 2009 - 07:12 PM

Aww so close. Good job you 3!

#31 of 33 OFFLINE   Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,738 posts

Posted February 22 2009 - 07:37 PM

Nope. I'm good. Watched the show at my sister's place and, in my case, I concur with the 20/24 total. Congrats to Tino. I should have realized that a film about a little girl getting her smile (to be simplistic) might trump even a recollection of events surrounding MLK. I was a bit surprised that Slumdog Millionaire took sound mixing. I really thought that TDK would grab that one. I was originally thinking of going with Toyland in the live action short category but I decided they would go with something lighter. I'm happy with my results, considering that quite a few them were calculated guesses.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#32 of 33 OFFLINE   Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts

Posted February 23 2009 - 12:56 AM

Well, I'm glad I didn't bet my whole life savings on that "leaked winners" memo...

Posted Image
Live Free or DIE!!!!!

#33 of 33 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 6,032 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted February 23 2009 - 08:50 AM

Good job Edwin and Patricia, my choosing that winning tie breaker was just a hunch based on the academys past performance regarding holocaust themed films.

I think I got 22/24 the year ROTK won, but someone got 23/24. Nice to finally win (sort of)Posted Image

Thanks guys.
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users