Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Where are all the Jerry Lewis movies on dvd?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 of 92 OFFLINE   BillyFeldman

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor

• 593 posts

Posted February 23 2009 - 10:09 AM

Thanks, Ron - as I said, it sure didn't seem like a boot. I actually didn't have a link in the post - I just said if you search the title on eBay you'll find the dealer I got it from - who also had The Geisha Boy at a fairly reasonable cost. The latter is one of my favorite Lewis films.

#22 of 92 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,653 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted April 03 2012 - 08:09 AM

This is the Most recent topic with posts so I decide to reopen it.
facebook.com/whotony

#23 of 92 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,653 posts

Posted April 03 2012 - 08:11 AM

Missing on R1 DVD: 3 RING CIRCUS (Martin and Lewis) THE SAD SACK (VistaVision) ROCK-A-BYE BABY (R6) DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP VISIT TO A SMALL PLANET IT'S ONLY MONEY WHO'S MINDING THE STORE? BOEING BOEING (stinks) THREE ON A COUCH (Sony) WAY... WAY OUT (Fox, who cares?) DON'T RAISE THE BRIDGE LOWER THE RIVER (OOP, but you can get it for $3 on ebay or amazon... don't bother) THE BIG MOUTH (Sony) HOOK, LINE AND SINKER (Sony) WHICH WAY TO THE FRONT? (Warner) HARDLY WORKING (Fox) SLAPSTICK OF ANOTHER KIND (don't even know who owns this, don't care-- Lewis' worst film) SMORGASBORD (Warner, shame this one isn't out)
Where's The Geisha Boy?
Atleast Four of those are actually on bluray from Olive Films now. Still too many to available on any format including Hook Line and sinker and all the movies that were in the two paramount sets from about five years ago. I'm going to start ordering the Olive film releases as they are going for about $20 on Amazon. Since the Jazz Singer was released I thought more of his others would start popping up.
facebook.com/whotony

#24 of 92 OFFLINE   Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 842 posts

Posted April 04 2012 - 12:25 PM

Cracking Up (Smorgasbord) is available from the Warner Archive http://www.wbshop.co....do?from=Search

#25 of 92 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,653 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 10:58 PM

Artists and Models was just a added to Netflix streaming and the HD stream looks great. Also a few of these missing Lewis films are also there. The Sad Sack, The Delinquints, Don't Give Up the Ship and Its Only Money, Who's Minding the Store . Also something g called Fight For Life with Morgan Freeman that looks like it may have been made for TV, not sure.
facebook.com/whotony

#26 of 92 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,300 posts

Posted October 03 2012 - 03:25 PM

Artists and Models was just a added to Netflix streaming and the HD stream looks great. Also a few of these missing Lewis films are also there. The Sad Sack, The Delinquints, Don't Give Up the Ship and Its Only Money, Who's Minding the Store . Also something g called Fight For Life with Morgan Freeman that looks like it may have been made for TV, not sure.
I'm still holding out hope that the titles you just mentioned AND Three Ring Circus, once they get the music clearances squared up, will finally be available on DVD next year.

#27 of 92 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,300 posts

Posted October 03 2012 - 03:30 PM

Atleast Four of those are actually on bluray from Olive Films now. Still too many to available on any format including Hook Line and sinker and all the movies that were in the two paramount sets from about five years ago. I'm going to start ordering the Olive film releases as they are going for about $20 on Amazon. Since the Jazz Singer was released I thought more of his others would start popping up.
Jack, Geisha Boy is out thanks to Olive Films on both DVD and Blu-Ray..I'm looking for Sad Sack, Visit to Small Planet, Way, Way Out and Three Ring Circus. i elaborated earlier on here that Antenna TV had the jerry lewis Labor Day Movie Telethon where they aired four of his films last month...Big Mouth, Hook, Line and Sinker, 3 on a Couch and Don't Raise the Bridge...those might be re-airing during the holidays so check local listings if you get that channel in your area.

#28 of 92 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,653 posts

Posted October 03 2012 - 03:47 PM

Who is Jack?
facebook.com/whotony

#29 of 92 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,300 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 01:44 PM

Who is Jack?
Sorry Tony. I was responding to Jack Theakston's message above on what needs to be released of Jerry's films on DVD R1, which is who I was addressing in my post. My apologies to you. Just read my answer to Jack as it relates to one and the same thing regarding what's available of Jerry Lewis's films.

#30 of 92 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted October 06 2012 - 08:48 PM

Any info on re-releasing the two Paramount Martin & Lewis Collection’s that has been long out of print?

#31 of 92 OFFLINE   JeffT.

JeffT.

Screenwriter

• 1,002 posts

Posted October 08 2012 - 07:33 AM

Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment did a tremendous job when it personally released the Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis catalogue of films at great prices. Unfortunately they are now in the hands of another DVD-Bluray distributor and cost an arm-and-a-leg. I would love to get that latest batch especially THE GEISHA BOY (1958) in Blu-ray but at $25 a piece no way. I must be shamefully spoiled on the more reasonable pricing on these. I guess Paramount just wasn't making enough of a profit on the Jerry Lewis franchise which is unfortunate. Jeff T. :D

Help support a blu-ray release of THE INVADERS (ABC 1967-68) tv series starring Roy Thinnes.

#32 of 92 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 2,306 posts

Posted October 08 2012 - 08:25 AM

Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment did a tremendous job when it personally released the Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis catalogue of films at great prices. Unfortunately they are now in the hands of another DVD-Bluray distributor and cost an arm-and-a-leg. I would love to get that latest batch especially THE GEISHA BOY (1958) in Blu-ray but at $25 a piece no way.
Why do you think the price is $25.00? You can buy it on-line for $14.43.

#33 of 92 OFFLINE   JimmyWilson

JimmyWilson

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted January 02 2015 - 08:35 AM

The Martin & Lewis Collections have been recently re-released through Warner Archive Collection at more reasonable prices.

#34 of 92 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,277 posts

Posted January 02 2015 - 08:58 AM

Thank you for the info Jimmy, I missed vol. 2 back in the days. I can't find these from Amazon?http://shop.warnerar...s collection.do

#35 of 92 OFFLINE   Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby

Screenwriter

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationKent "The Garden of England", UK

Posted January 02 2015 - 09:12 AM

I spun my DVD of Artists & Models last week. Great film, great DVD, and would make a great blu-ray through the Warner Archive.

I also spun 3 Ring Circus. Not a great film but as it is in VistaVision would make a stunning blu-ray.

#36 of 92 OFFLINE   JoelA

JoelA

Screenwriter

• 1,018 posts
  • LocationThe Western Reserve, Cleveland, OH

Posted January 02 2015 - 09:56 AM

I spun my DVD of Artists & Models last week. Great film, great DVD, and would make a great blu-ray through the Warner Archive.

I also spun 3 Ring Circus. Not a great film but as it is in VistaVision would make a stunning blu-ray.

Keith, agreed, but where did you find 3 Ring Circus?

#37 of 92 ONLINE   JoelA

JoelA

Screenwriter

• 1,018 posts

Posted January 02 2015 - 09:57 AM

Deleted due to double post.

#38 of 92 ONLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 6,138 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted January 02 2015 - 10:37 AM

I thought 3 Ring Circus was caught up in rights problems.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#39 of 92 OFFLINE   JoelA

JoelA

Screenwriter

• 1,018 posts

Posted January 02 2015 - 10:43 AM

I thought 3 Ring Circus was caught up in rights problems.

So did I.

#40 of 92 ONLINE   t1g3r5fan

t1g3r5fan

Stunt Coordinator

• 190 posts

Posted January 02 2015 - 02:04 PM

Both volumes of the Martin and Lewis collection go for ridiculous prices on Amazon, but somehow I managed to pick up both at FYE for about $55 used - and that's the total amount together. Talk about a deal! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users