What's new

THE FUGITIVE, Season 2, Vol. 1 - Replacement Program Announced (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Gord, I thought this news was big enough that it deserved its own thread. Congrats!

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
This is absolutely outstanding news!

Not only was my theory possibly correct (that Volume 2 of the second season *might* have some original music restored), but CBS/P has done themselves proud by going back and fixing the first volume.

I couldn't be happier about this.

And we get to keep the old discs as souveniers!

Viva Season Two and bring on the rest!

For anyone having difficulty getting through to the replacement DVD site, here is the direct link to the PDF:

http://www.paramount.com/fugitive/Fu...urnProgram.pdf

Harry

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Are the replaced scored S2 Vol 1's still out there being recalled? When will the restored scored S2 Vol1 sets be for sale in the regular outlets and how will they be identified?

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
To make sure I understand correctly --

For those of us who never bought the original release once we were alerted to the replacement, we now have to buy the original release so we can participate in the exchange (since the fixed discs will not be available at retail), correct?

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That's great news for people who bought the initial Season 2, Volume 1 release, but what about those who held off buying it specifically because of news of the music replacement, and now this replacement version with original music is not going to be available at retail?

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
This is great, great news and, for me, this action by CBS/Paramount restores my confidence in them quite a bit, though Gord Lacey's news article mentions that this replacement program was established only for "The Fugitive." No mention was made of "My Three Sons" and I feel bad for fans of that series who, apparently, will have to endure the replacement music.

Thanks, Gord, for posting all the particulars.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

You just buy the version that IS available at retail, and you send away for the replacement discs.

Gord

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I remember K-Tel records used to take phone orders and promise delivery in 8 weeks, but basically they were waiting to see how many orders they got before they went ahead and actually pressed the record. I wonder if CBS/Paramount is doing something similar here?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Congrats, Bob, you're the first to poo-poo the replacement program. I figured there'd be someone, I just didn't think it would be such a big fan of classic TV. Need someone to spot you the price of a stamp?

No, I have the check discs sitting here (the finished disc, minus the disc artwork). These are done.

Gord

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Great news from CBS/Paramount! Glad to hear we were heard and they are now going to do the right thing.

It's too bad though with My Three Sons; given the lack of response over musical replacements in that release, I doubt we'll ever see a disc replacement program for it.

I just hope that this whole Fugitive fiasco impressed on the folks on CBS/Paramount to do whatever it takes to go with original music.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Thanks, Gord. We appreciate your information and your editorial on this, which undoubtedly helped make this possible. I will probably pick this up at retail and do the replacement thing send in.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Considering how important Pete Rugolo's score was to the show, Paramount had no choice but to eat crow after so much protests. What a week for the classic TV fan- releases announced for:

Peyton Place
The Mothers-In-Law
Here's Lucy
Parker Lewis Can't Lose

- and now this! Never underestimate the power of the classic TV fan!!!!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
This is amazing. I never would have dreamed something like this would happen. And what great news about season two volume two.

Thanks for the news.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Once again, TVShowsOnDVD.com provides fast, accurate, detailed, and user-friendly info for TV-on-DVD fans.

Gord (and David Lambert), your site is a tremendous asset to TV/DVD fans. Just amazing. And you always seem to provide that extra bit of information about many of the topics you post at TVSoDVD too (in this "Fugitive" case, the extensive and very useful FAQ that you included in your article regarding the replacement discs).

TVSoDVD is the best. I salute thee.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

And, best of all, I think I'll finally be able to use that S.2, V.1 DVD review that I've had written for many months (but was never going to actually put online until the God-awful replacement music was removed).

Kudos to CBS/Paramount. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks