-

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official THE INTERNATIONAL Discussion Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,513 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 15 2009 - 10:30 AM

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The International". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The International" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#2 of 4 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,658 posts

Posted February 15 2009 - 10:58 AM

I found The International to be very compelling from the standpoint of cinematography. IMHO, one of the best shot films of the year in terms of framing, point of view, and composition.

One aspect of the film that I particularly enjoyed was the recurring visual motif of the architecture dwarfing individuals - reinforcing the message of the power of the corporation over the individual.

- Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#3 of 4 Andrew Pierce

Andrew Pierce

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted July 10 2009 - 07:33 AM

I just watched the Blu Ray of The International last night, and it's a gorgeous picture -- not only the cinematography with all the striking location work, but also the clarity and detail present throughout was incredible. At least on my 40" 1080p LCD, its a stunning  transfer.

#4 of 4 Brett_M

Brett_M

Screenwriter

• 1,306 posts
  • LocationMos Eisley Spaceport

Posted July 12 2009 - 04:23 PM

I agree with the posts above.  I'll add my 2 cents. 

Good verging on great movie.

The Guggenheim shoot out was one of the best action sequences I have ever seen. I watched it twice.  

Definitely worth a look by fans of the actors or good action.  Ignore your memory of the dreadful trailer -- the film is much better than you think.
Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it meant to roast in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.