Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

MY DREAM CAME TRUE- "Peyton Place" on DVD this May from Shout! Entertainment!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#601 of 615 OFFLINE   tuscany fans

tuscany fans

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 27 2011 - 01:31 AM

we would love to get the rest of the Peyton Place series released on DVD's....sending this out to the powers that be....you DO have a market here!!!

#602 of 615 OFFLINE   AlanP

AlanP

Supporting Actor

• 732 posts

Posted October 30 2011 - 03:45 AM

I remember reading when the first wave of DVD'S came out that SHOUT had the rights to the BW episodes, which would be thru, Mia Farrow's departure. She left and the series was filmed in color. What could have happened that the deal was scratched ?? Maybe FOX is giving it to TWILIGHT TIME ?? They are releasing much of the old FOX movie material..... So, maybe it will happen via another venue. Maybe FOX will release the BW episodes in color ??

#603 of 615 OFFLINE   vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted October 30 2011 - 04:47 AM

On Shout's Forum, I brought up their relationship with Fox, and mentioned you guys detecting a pattern about the way Fox deals with Indies, and indicating to all signs pointing to a dispute between two parties. This was what Brian Ward said:

Just because we're still releasing series from Sony doesn't mean they weren't part of a larger, early overall deal. I'm not saying our relationship with Sony isn't better than our relationship with Fox. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with our relationship with Fox. Perhaps we're not pursuing too many Fox titles right now. Maybe we've pursued 50 to no avail. Maybe we've been in on an ongoing set of negotiations for months. What I am saying is that coming on as a consumer and talking about the status of business relationships, inferred only by our recent release schedule, is about as reliable as anything else on the internet. I'm not trying to be a codger here, but these things tend to get blown out of proportion. People come here or go to TVShowsOnDVD.com or the Home Theater Forum and talk about relationships they know nothing about and then that gets spread around as if it's gospel. Those rumors also tend to get attached to people like myself, who openly discusses our releases with fans here. And occasionally, those rumors--with my or any one else's name attached--get back to the licensors. And sometimes, that DOES tend to damage otherwise good relationships. We've not released many Fox titles recently. Doesn't mean our relationship with them is bad. We've released a few Sony titles recently. Doesn't mean our relationship with them is better. And speculation without merit outside of the obvious is fairly irresponsible. Brian

I don't know. I'm still not so sure about this. Anyone still smell a conspiracy in this post that Brian's trying to cover up?
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#604 of 615 ONLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,160 posts

Posted October 30 2011 - 05:39 AM

I'll plead guilty to the fact that we as fans speculate much, but can we be blamed for that when information isn't forthcoming to explain why things are what they are? Are we supposed to say nothing and just accept the endless information blackout that accompanies the lack of releases on titles we're all looking forward to? And I'm also not buying the argument that our exercising of the First Amendment on these points is somehow a direct cause of damaging relationships between studios and indies. If the things get released, we won't care or give a frick as to why there were delays we'll just be happy to see them.

#605 of 615 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted October 31 2011 - 09:48 AM

Hi Peyton Place Fans, The whole thing has left me dumb founded. I tried to check for this Brian Ward statement. The statement was made about Fox Products or just Peyton Place? The only thing I ever thought which might hurt Peyton Place was when I I posted that MPI had Peyton Place on the short list of shows. I want to state here as well that I have received many post's back on the show from other companies which were forwarded to Fox Home Entertainment. I have always supported Shout! Factory and have stated many times over how grateful I was for the two initial volumes. We certainly do have a right to express how we feel and I know most of the frustration has been with Fox. I have also supported Fox which was not very popular. I truly think we would here more on Peyton Place from James Finn or Mr Cliff MacMillian of Gord and Dave if there is a hint of the show coming out. I think speculation of any kind is good and shows support for Peyton Place or any of the Fox properties which Shout has put out. Happy Halloween to all fans and I want to also thank Paul for his post. Dallas 2012 may help Peyton Place Knots Landing and Falcon Crest releases. I hold out hope for fans of the two latter series.

#606 of 615 OFFLINE   vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted October 31 2011 - 12:34 PM

Mark, I actually brought this up in an unrelated thread, when I suspected that Sony (whom shout had been dealing with for around 5 years) may now be taking a cue from Fox. And Mark, I don't think it's a good idea to ridicule Brian or consider him a king of misinformation (if that's what you're doing).
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#607 of 615 OFFLINE   vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted November 01 2011 - 06:44 PM

BTW, even though it's owned by Fox, how were indies able to finish Daniel Boone form the 60's?

#608 of 615 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts

Posted November 02 2011 - 06:07 AM

Well, it probably had to do with the production company retaining ownership despite being with a major studio releasing the product. This also happens with films. For instance Alfred Hitchcock personally owned Vertigo, Rear Window, and the 1956 version of The Man Who Knew Too Much, and they were originally released thru Paramount. After the initial release, the rights reverted back to him and today are part of the vast Universal Hitchcock catalog.
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#609 of 615 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted November 02 2011 - 08:51 AM

Hi Vahan, I do not recall having mention Brian Ward in my last statement on Peyton Place. I thought I gave Shout in the past and the present my thanks for even the release of Peyton Place. I love however the fact the show is being talked about at the present time in the forum! I would never offend anyone here so if I did offend you my friend I am truly sorry. Long Live Peyton Place!!!

#610 of 615 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts

Posted November 03 2011 - 07:06 AM

Okay- here's my new dream: Peyton Place- The Complete Series- a Time/Life exclusive, featuring all 514 episodes digitally remastered from the original 35mm negatives in the Fox vaults. Extras to include: The 'lost' 1963 pilot directed by Irvin Kershner (The Empire Strikes Back, Never Say Never Again) featuring Gyl Roland (daughter of Gilbert Roland and Constance Bennett) as Selena Cross The 1973 ABC-TV documentary Peyton Place Revisited New interviews with surviving cast members Vintage ABC-TV promos A clip of Lee Grant accepting her 1966 Emmy for her role of Stella Chernak Original screen tests for the series- (at least one is known to exist) Bloopers Vintage clips of the PP actors making guest aoppearances on variety and talk shows of the day Clips from the 1972-74 daytime sequel series Return to Peyton Place Episode commentaries from actors/writers/directors A tribute to deceased cast members (e.g. George Macready, Ruth Warrick, Christopher Connelly, Susan Oliver, Frank Ferguson) by living cast members A detailed episode guide (with air dates and episode numbers) and complete cast list in booklet form A trivia quiz (see if you remember all the scandals on the show!) Bonus discs: Murder in Peyton Place and Peyton Place: the New Generation Well, that's all I can think of now. Any other ideas for this set? (Of course we will have to browbeat or beg T/L for such a set first!)
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#611 of 615 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted November 05 2011 - 11:52 AM

Okay- here's my new dream: Peyton Place- The Complete Series- a Time/Life exclusive, featuring all 514 episodes digitally remastered from the original 35mm negatives in the Fox vaults. Extras to include: The 'lost' 1963 pilot directed by Irvin Kershner (The Empire Strikes Back, Never Say Never Again) featuring Gyl Roland (daughter of Gilbert Roland and Constance Bennett) as Selena Cross The 1973 ABC-TV documentary Peyton Place Revisited New interviews with surviving cast members Vintage ABC-TV promos A clip of Lee Grant accepting her 1966 Emmy for her role of Stella Chernak Original screen tests for the series- (at least one is known to exist) Bloopers Vintage clips of the PP actors making guest aoppearances on variety and talk shows of the day Clips from the 1972-74 daytime sequel series Return to Peyton Place Episode commentaries from actors/writers/directors A tribute to deceased cast members (e.g. George Macready, Ruth Warrick, Christopher Connelly, Susan Oliver, Frank Ferguson) by living cast members A detailed episode guide (with air dates and episode numbers) and complete cast list in booklet form A trivia quiz (see if you remember all the scandals on the show!) Bonus discs: Murder in Peyton Place and Peyton Place: the New Generation Well, that's all I can think of now. Any other ideas for this set? (Of course we will have to browbeat or beg T/L for such a set first!)

Vintage promos HAVE to include the Segments from the ABC Fall previews for the years they were on - even if it was just a title card and voice over! (Returning this fall, the continuing story of...)

#612 of 615 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 04:00 PM

Yes Peyton Place fans we still have people who want the show. I have been contacted a few times with PMs. Sorry folks but the show is locked in the FOX vault so ask them why they refuse to let Shout or any other company to release the show to them.

#613 of 615 OFFLINE   AlanP

AlanP

Supporting Actor

• 732 posts

Posted June 15 2013 - 06:55 PM

An interesting link with a huge amount of photo's from the HOUR long pilot of "Peyton Place"

with The Cross Family and others that were axed before the premiere began-

http://216.169.248.3...pictures?page=2

#614 of 615 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted November 19 2013 - 07:50 AM

Thought that you Peyton Place folks might be interested in this feature article on the series that was put up on the AV Club website:

http://www.avclub.co...s-hidden-105363

#615 of 615 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,139 posts

Posted December 15 2014 - 10:28 PM

I brought this old Shout thread out in hope that Charles will write this next year.

MY DREAM CAME TRUE- "Peyton Place" on DVD FROM FOX TV ARCHIVES

Here is an early Christmas gift to those who bought those Shout episodes.  Part of the two episodes that followed and the New Year start in the Peyton Place episode.

Let us hope it will be a Peyton Place New Year 50 years old as in this episode that aired

in 1965.

https://www.youtube....h?v=021VDSPIFOE

https://www.youtube....h?v=9SCZKZ6AOh4

https://www.youtube....h?v=tefxxfaAeD8

https://www.youtube....h?v=tefxxfaAeD8

Lots of good things in this thread.  Who has time to read though this close to Christmas.  Once again Happy Holidays Peyton Place Fans. 

Last time I will bring this thread out.  I will stay with the current thread next year but other fans can bring it out if they wish.  This thread link is posted in the current thread on page 19.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users