What's new

FATHER KNOWS BEST, Season 3 - Coming in June (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Per TVShowsonDVD.com it looks like Shout is going forward with this series! Great, great news!!!

Gary "I was sweating this one, big time - thank you Shout Factory!" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Allow me to be the first to reply and say that I'm
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
'ing for you in Fla. I didn't think you liked this show ;) You know I'm kidding. Great news for FKB fans.

It looks like Dave posted several good news posts this morning for some here, Peyton Place, That Girl final season, etc.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

I'm reasonably sure we don't have to worry about syndicated prints any more with FKB. Of course anything is possible, but I'd say in this case it's highly improbable we'll see that problem again.

Gary "Jeff, you know me well - I'm dancing for sure with this news!" O.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I love coincidences, even though they don't mean anything.

Today's coincidence is FKB and "Peyton Place" being announced the same day -- they both have characters named Betty Anderson!

I always thought it was so odd when the novel (1956) and movie (1957) of "Peyton Place" came out, when FKB was in the middle of its run, that one of the wildest characters had the same name as sweet and pure Betty Anderson.

Anyway, it's great news about "Father Knows Best"!!!

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Very glad to see this announcement and hopefully season 3 will look as good as season 2.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I guess sales must be good on this.

Well,consitering the lack of 1950's sitcoms on DVD,it's no surprise.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

And this is why I'm so happy with Shout keeping this series going. Right now they are just about the only outfit that's consistently putting out any 50's sitcoms... well, 50's sitcoms that aren't mutilated (aka "My 3 Sons"). With this announcement, they stay firmly on top in my book.

Gary "keep up the good work, Shout!_Factory" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

I'm pretty sure you'd have plenty of partners for that dance if it happened. :laugh:

Gary "FKB was such a wonderful show" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Another nice thing about this third season release will be the inclusion of another wonderful Christmas-themed episode. "The Angel's Sweater" is a solid Christmasy episode that I'll be glad to be upgrading from my old TVLand copy.

Gary "now, if only I could convince Brian & Co. to include the Christmas-themed episode from 'Window on Main Street' with this particular set" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
A little simple trivia today (very simple, but I'm wanting it to be open to those that have just gotten into the show): What nicknames did Jim Anderson have for his two daughters? Tell us which name went with which daughter.

Gary "as best I can remember, there really wasn't a nickname given to Bud that stuck like the ones given to the two daughters" O.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H

I've only seen some of the S1 episodes, but I know he called Kathy his youngest "Kitten." Um, the older one "Princess" maybe?

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Bud was his nickname, Gary! :D The character was really James Anderson, Jr.

And can't wait for season three--the last set really set the tone for FKB as a series. I'm sure we will get another episode of Window on Main Street as well as a bonus!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Yea, but everyone called him that. Friends and other family members never called Betty "Princess" or Kathy "Kitten". Although I think you were kinda joking with me, I probably should have made myself clearer.

Gary "I agree that the cast/show hit its stride in Season 2, and the next set will be much of the same" O.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
I've never known Bud to be called any other kind of nickname, unless it was something nasty by Betty or Kathy. LOL.

Jude "I'm paying tribute to GaryOS in this quote" C
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Thanks Jude.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Gary "this release will bring us to the half-way point, hope that is a good sign that we will get all the way through this series" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I've yet to hear from another good buddy that I know will be thrilled to hear a 3rd Volume is being released this summer - Bert Greene. Bert, if you are out there let us know what you think about this great news.

Gary "between this news, and 'The Fuge' news, I'm back to being very excited about Classic TV on DVD in 2009" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks