Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

More Warner TV BDs: New seasons of "Torchwood", "Chuck", "Terminator", "Fringe"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 01:20 AM

Quote:
Those of you into genre TV will be pleased to learn that Warner and the BBC are currently planning the DVD and Blu-ray release of Torchwood: Season 3 in July. Beyond that, Warner is working on Chuck: Season 2, Fringe: Season 1 and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 2 for release on both DVD and Blu-ray sometime in the third quarter (likely August).
The Digital Bits Rumor Mill - Current Posts
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#2 of 19 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,337 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 13 2009 - 01:23 AM

Depending on the price, I might pick up Fringe.

#3 of 19 Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 01:38 AM

I will pickup Sarah Connor S2 and Fringe S1 , especially since I missed the later the first time around.

I suppose it is too much to ask to have Pushing Daisies S2 released on BD since they unceremoniously dumped one of the best shows on TV! Posted Image
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#4 of 19 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 02:05 AM

Different "they" - Warner didn't "dump" Pushing Daisies, ABC did. I wouldn't be terribly shocked if Warner couldn't say or do anything about it until the disposition of the final episodes is decided on - announcing a video release would undercut any broadcast ABC is considering.

I'm all over Fringe; that's rapidly become one of my favorite shows, and I imagine Pinkner & company will have tons of bonus material for it.

And did we ever get a US BD release of Torchwood series 2? I skipped buying series 1 because, well, it wasn't very good, but series 2 was a distinct improvement, and series 3 won't even be airing in the UK for a couple months.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#5 of 19 Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Seaver
Different "they" - Warner didn't "dump" Pushing Daisies, ABC did. I wouldn't be terribly shocked if Warner couldn't say or do anything about it until the disposition of the final episodes is decided on - announcing a video release would undercut any broadcast ABC is considering.

Right. I should've been clearer about who dumped Pushing Daisies, but in my anger I forgot. Posted Image That's a good point about the final episodes holding up an announcement. Still my fear is that a canceled show won't merit a BD release once the final episodes are aired if ever.
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal

#6 of 19 Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Arnette
Right. I should've been clearer about who dumped Pushing Daisies, but in my anger I forgot. Posted Image That's a good point about the final episodes holding up an announcement. Still my fear is that a canceled show won't merit a BD release once the final episodes are aired if ever.
I dunno. Considering Warner released it on BD despite poor ratings and a short season last year, I'd give it a slightly better than even chance. AFAIK, it hasn't even been confirmed when ABC will air the final episodes, so as mentioned that's what's holding up any release news.
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

#7 of 19 Craig_Ehr

Craig_Ehr

Second Unit

• 326 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 03:40 AM

I wonder if the WB will finally have come around to putting lossless (e.g. Dolby TrueHD) tracks on their 'TV on Blu-ray' sets.

#8 of 19 RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 03:42 AM

Chuck, Terminator and Fringe for me Posted Image

#9 of 19 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,859 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted February 13 2009 - 03:48 AM

Fringe may be enough to finally take the plunge and get a BD player.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#10 of 19 Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_Ehr
I wonder if the WB will finally have come around to putting lossless (e.g. Dolby TrueHD) tracks on their 'TV on Blu-ray' sets.

[sarcasm]Whoa! Let's not get crazy now![/sarcasm] Posted Image

The Jackal

#11 of 19 Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 06:48 AM

Terminator (and Pushing Daisies S2 if it were available) for me!
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#12 of 19 Wayne_j

Wayne_j

Second Unit

• 384 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 09:14 AM

Chuck, Terminator, and Daisies(if released) for me.

#13 of 19 Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 10:20 AM

Excellent. Looking forward to Terminator Season 2 on BD.

#14 of 19 ATimson

ATimson

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Seaver
And did we ever get a US BD release of Torchwood series 2?
No series 2 release yet, in the US or the UK. People who contacted 2 Entertain a few months ago were told that they were working on a release, but couldn't give a date.

I was fearing that, like S1, we'd be getting S2 BR day-and-date with S3 on DVD and no S3 HD release. Fortunately, it looks like that's not the case. If it was a sales issue with S1 BR, hopefully good sales for S3 BR (when people aren't up against rebuying a show they already bought) will lead to an S2 BR release. And if it wasn't a sales issue, hopefully it'll be day-and-date with S3. Posted Image
"Niceness is the greatest human flaw, except for all the others."
--Brendan Moody

#15 of 19 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,685 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 01:52 PM

I'm in for Terminator and Torchwood (Both seasons 2 & 3). I'm on the fence regarding The Fringe.

If Warner releases Pushing Daisies: Season 2, I'll get that too. Posted Image
Recently watched- Friday The 13th(2009), The Sessions, Freddy vs. Jason, Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life, Jason X, Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday, Friday The 13th Pt VIII:Jason Takes Manhattan, Godzilla Vs. Biollante, Ninja II:Shadow Of A Tear, Friday The 13th Pt VII:The New Blood, Non-Stop(2014), Friday The 13th Pt VI:Jason Lives, Batman: Mystery Of The Batwoman, Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker, Gettysburg(1993)

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3, Beauty and The Beast: Season 3

"The mill's closed.  There's no more work.  We're destitute...I'm afraid I have no choice but to sell you all for scientific experiments."

#16 of 19 Mr. Film

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 02:08 PM

The only show I enjoy that is listed would be Chuck. But I watch it every monday so there will be no need to buy it.Posted Image
"As soon as television became the only secondary way in which films were watched, films had to adhere to a pretty linear system, whereby you can drift off for ten minutes and go and answer the phone and not really lose your place."
-Christopher Nolan

#17 of 19 Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted April 01 2009 - 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph J.D
I'm in for Terminator and Torchwood (Both seasons 2 & 3). I'm on the fence regarding The Fringe.

If Warner releases Pushing Daisies: Season 2, I'll get that too. Posted Image
You're in luck:
Quote:
Warner Home Video have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Pushing Daisies Season 2 on 21st July 2009. Created by Bryan Fuller, Pushing Daisies centres around Ned, a pie-maker with the ability to bring the dead back to life but not without consequence.

Cancelled during its second season, all 13 episodes are included on the DVD ($39.98 SRP) and Blu-ray Disc ($49.99 SRP) editions with features outlined below...

Blu-ray Disc - Episodes are spread across two dual-layer discs with the following features:
  • 1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen
  • English DD5.1 Surround
  • English SDH (Episodes & Select Bonus Features) and French (Episodes only) subtitles
  • The Master Pie Maker: Inside the mind of creator Bryan Fuller
  • From Oven to Table: Crafting a script idea into reality
  • Secret Sweet Ingredients: Spotlight on composer Jim Dooley’s work
  • Add a Little Magic: Executing some giant-sized visual effects

#18 of 19 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,062 posts

Posted April 01 2009 - 01:49 AM

Count me among those who will get the Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles season 2 on BD. The season one set is really nice.

#19 of 19 Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted April 01 2009 - 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Blacklow

Sweet. I am so down for this.

I'm not so sure I'm down for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles any longer though. The show lost its way somewhere around the middle of the season with the whole warehouse thing and never fully recovered. It is probably getting canceled to, which doesn't help my motivation either.

The Jackal

Back to Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow