What's new

Survivor: Tocantins (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The new season starts tomorrow, same bat time, same bat place. Jeff Probst insists that this is one of the best and most likable casts ever and of course you can see them all at CBS.com.

First impressions are supposed to play a major role throughout the entire game, and the players will vote someone off each tribe before even speaking to one another. (The fate of that player has already been revealed by TV Guide Network, but since it's only a day away, I'll keep quiet for those who don't know.)

There's also a change in the way Exile Island works. I'm not thrilled that Exile/the hidden idol is returning yet again but I am glad it's only 16 contestants this time around. Now I'm just hoping for a final two!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Same here. I absolutely HATE having three people at the end and maybe the switch back to 16 contestants means there will only be two at the final TC.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sydney is really pretty, Erinn's not bad either.

Don't really like Coach at all.

Sandy is a hoot.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Interesting bunch. "Coach" is a standout personality (good or bad, yet to be determined), and the African-American mom seems to have her head in the game, too.

I am bummed about Carolina being voted out; day-um, she was extremely hot and just about my ideal female body type, too. (Petite, stacked Latina.)

Sandy just grates. I was hoping she was voted out because the editing made her seem far more annoying than Carolina. And her utter cluelessness about what an efffin' pace was staggering. It's a step, you moron!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

She's making a helluva case for being the most annoying contestant EVER. When I started watching the episode I already had a splitting headache and she magnified it to the power of 1000. Would much rather have looked at Carolina for a few more episodes.

Oh, and I'm with Patrick, Sydney and Erinn are HOT!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Definitely liked this premiere a lot--much better than Gabon's.

Now hold on a minute here--Sandy was certainly irritating and Carolina was absolutely hot. But the real headache inducer of the episode was Carolina's helium voice. ;)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Her, um, let's say "assets" distracted me from actually listening to her. Sandy didn't have that same effect on me.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Sad to see Carolina go so fast.

IMO they were'nt looking at the big picture by voting her out, yes she was a little opinionated but what are they going to do when the harsh environment takes it toll on Sandy and she starts to lag which my gut tells me she will?

Sierra sort of reminds me of Sophia Myles from Moonlight.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Good start to the new season.

Right off the bat, some of the contestants annoyed the hell out of me. First impressions baby, first impressions! Mr. I am a renaissance man and think I can make people do what I want cracked me up. Girl with fever, what on earth were you thinking letting the cat out of the bag about you being sick? And why on earth are you in a foreign country with an illness that could hurt your chances in this game? Sandy REALLY annoyed me at first, but than I sort of found myself rooting for her. She may seem a bit whacko, but I think she can lay low while others go at eachother and start collecting heads. The guy who wants the million to buy fancy things...I hope he goes next. Something about him just irked me.

Before the first challenge, the black lady had her sweater tied around her waist and I swear I had to do a double take because it looked like she had a penis. I actually rewound to see. That was funny.

mylan

Screenwriter
Tyson is a strange one, getting naked to wade into the water and the comment about "furs around my shoulder and rings on these fingers" and then "i'll wear a tiara, a man tiara". He is obviously not just a Mormon!:laugh:

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

I suspect she was not sick a couple of months ago when she signed up so it is hard to blame her. Also I think telling the group was a good idea which explained why she looked so weak.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I can already tell that the "renaissance man" is going to annoy the hell out of me as well. As for Tyson, his "man tiara" line cracked me up and I think he might bring some good comic relief to the show. He's like a Mormon Matthew McConaghey. :D

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I think there should be a rule that you can never refer to yourself as a renaissance man, only others may do so....

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
I find Sandy far more annoying than Coach, but we'll see what transpires.

I also think Sierra's move in telling the group she was sick and setting up the shelter were very smart strategic moves. And I agree, she reminds me a lot of the actress Sophia Myles.

Sierra:

Sophia:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks