-

Photo
- - - - -

Survivor: Tocantins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
344 replies to this topic

#1 of 345 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted February 11 2009 - 12:04 PM

The new season starts tomorrow, same bat time, same bat place. Jeff Probst insists that this is one of the best and most likable casts ever and of course you can see them all at CBS.com.

First impressions are supposed to play a major role throughout the entire game, and the players will vote someone off each tribe before even speaking to one another. (The fate of that player has already been revealed by TV Guide Network, but since it's only a day away, I'll keep quiet for those who don't know.)

There's also a change in the way Exile Island works. I'm not thrilled that Exile/the hidden idol is returning yet again but I am glad it's only 16 contestants this time around. Now I'm just hoping for a final two!

#2 of 345 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted February 11 2009 - 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyC
Now I'm just hoping for a final two!

Same here. I absolutely HATE having three people at the end and maybe the switch back to 16 contestants means there will only be two at the final TC.
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#3 of 345 Greg Krewet

Greg Krewet

Stunt Coordinator

• 192 posts

Posted February 12 2009 - 11:31 AM

Final 2 for me also.

#4 of 345 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,679 posts

Posted February 12 2009 - 01:32 PM

Sydney is really pretty, Erinn's not bad either.

Don't really like Coach at all.

Sandy is a hoot.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#5 of 345 Michael:M

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

• 530 posts

Posted February 12 2009 - 02:20 PM

Interesting bunch. "Coach" is a standout personality (good or bad, yet to be determined), and the African-American mom seems to have her head in the game, too.

I am bummed about Carolina being voted out; day-um, she was extremely hot and just about my ideal female body type, too. (Petite, stacked Latina.)

Sandy just grates. I was hoping she was voted out because the editing made her seem far more annoying than Carolina. And her utter cluelessness about what an efffin' pace was staggering. It's a step, you moron!
"Life began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between." - Diane Ackerman

#6 of 345 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted February 12 2009 - 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael:M
Sandy just grates. I was hoping she was voted out because the editing made her seem far more annoying than Carolina. And her utter cluelessness about what an efffin' pace was staggering. It's a step, you moron!

She's making a helluva case for being the most annoying contestant EVER. When I started watching the episode I already had a splitting headache and she magnified it to the power of 1000. Would much rather have looked at Carolina for a few more episodes.

Oh, and I'm with Patrick, Sydney and Erinn are HOT!!! Posted Image

#7 of 345 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted February 12 2009 - 03:44 PM

Definitely liked this premiere a lot--much better than Gabon's.

Quote:
When I started watching the episode I already had a splitting headache and she magnified it to the power of 1000. Would much rather have looked at Carolina for a few more episodes.

Now hold on a minute here--Sandy was certainly irritating and Carolina was absolutely hot. But the real headache inducer of the episode was Carolina's helium voice. Posted Image

#8 of 345 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted February 12 2009 - 04:01 PM

Her, um, let's say "assets" distracted me from actually listening to her. Sandy didn't have that same effect on me. Posted Image

#9 of 345 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted February 12 2009 - 07:20 PM

Sad to see Carolina go so fast.

IMO they were'nt looking at the big picture by voting her out, yes she was a little opinionated but what are they going to do when the harsh environment takes it toll on Sandy and she starts to lag which my gut tells me she will?

Sierra sort of reminds me of Sophia Myles from Moonlight.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#10 of 345 Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 01:35 AM

Good start to the new season.

Right off the bat, some of the contestants annoyed the hell out of me. First impressions baby, first impressions! Mr. I am a renaissance man and think I can make people do what I want cracked me up. Girl with fever, what on earth were you thinking letting the cat out of the bag about you being sick? And why on earth are you in a foreign country with an illness that could hurt your chances in this game? Sandy REALLY annoyed me at first, but than I sort of found myself rooting for her. She may seem a bit whacko, but I think she can lay low while others go at eachother and start collecting heads. The guy who wants the million to buy fancy things...I hope he goes next. Something about him just irked me.

Before the first challenge, the black lady had her sweater tied around her waist and I swear I had to do a double take because it looked like she had a penis. I actually rewound to see. That was funny.
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#11 of 345 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,214 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted February 13 2009 - 01:44 AM

Yeah...that certainly wasn't a good look for her. Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#12 of 345 mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,684 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 02:11 AM

Tyson is a strange one, getting naked to wade into the water and the comment about "furs around my shoulder and rings on these fingers" and then "i'll wear a tiara, a man tiara". He is obviously not just a Mormon!Posted Image
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

#13 of 345 Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia Duran
Good start to the new season.

Girl with fever, what on earth were you thinking letting the cat out of the bag about you being sick? And why on earth are you in a foreign country with an illness that could hurt your chances in this game?

I suspect she was not sick a couple of months ago when she signed up so it is hard to blame her. Also I think telling the group was a good idea which explained why she looked so weak.
The Legend is better than reality!

#14 of 345 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 05:09 AM

I can already tell that the "renaissance man" is going to annoy the hell out of me as well. As for Tyson, his "man tiara" line cracked me up and I think he might bring some good comic relief to the show. He's like a Mormon Matthew McConaghey. Posted Image

#15 of 345 mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,684 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 05:41 AM

Speaking of renaissance man, does anybody else think he resembles Liam Nesson?
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

#16 of 345 ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,488 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 06:02 AM

I think there should be a rule that you can never refer to yourself as a renaissance man, only others may do so....
It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink: 

#17 of 345 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,214 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted February 13 2009 - 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent M
I can already tell that the "renaissance man" is going to annoy the hell out of me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan
Speaking of renaissance man, does anybody else think he resembles Liam Nesson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherG
I think there should be a rule that you can never refer to yourself as a renaissance man, only others may do so....

All I could think of was Ace from last season. My mama always used to say..."annoying is as annoying does."

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#18 of 345 Michael:M

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

• 530 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 07:33 AM

I find Sandy far more annoying than Coach, but we'll see what transpires.

I also think Sierra's move in telling the group she was sick and setting up the shelter were very smart strategic moves. And I agree, she reminds me a lot of the actress Sophia Myles.

Sierra:

Posted Image

Sophia:

Posted Image
"Life began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between." - Diane Ackerman

#19 of 345 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted February 13 2009 - 07:46 AM

Wow she REALLY looks like her! Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#20 of 345 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael:M
I find Sandy far more annoying than Coach, but we'll see what transpires.

I also think Sierra's move in telling the group she was sick and setting up the shelter were very smart strategic moves. And I agree, she reminds me a lot of the actress Sophia Myles.

Sierra:

Posted Image

Sophia:

Posted Image

Wow, I think we have a doppelganger. Posted Image

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow