What's new

Jake 2.0, any chance of a DVD release? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Tom
This is one show I'd really love to see released on DVD. Any other fans of the show praying for a release?

LCD22

Screenwriter

I've been praying ever since 2003. Hoping CBS/Paramount will release a 16x9 anamorphic widescreen and music-intact complete series set.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jake-20/1087

(The music was replaced on the UPN promotional disc. Not that it really matters as I never received it.)

There's a thread on Shout! Factory and I just recently (to my surprise) ran into the site owner of a fan site I used to occasionally frequent over there.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/944/thread.aspx

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
This is a show have been waiting on forever. Along with two other Christopher Gorham shows Out Of Practice (2005) and Medical Investigation (2004)

LCD22

Screenwriter

"Peacemakers" (which Universal owns the rights to) is another short-lived series I've been waiting on since 2003. There was also certainly a demand then for Tom Berenger's (and still is).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
So, when I first saw this thread come up on Tuesday, I couldn't say anything yet, but I was already working on a story that would publicly suggest at TVGuide.com how Jake 2.0 should get a DVD release, based on the cross-over fan base that it ought to share with Chuck. Plus how the show's stars seem to be popping up in so many other places right now, it ought to interest people who have noticed those stars on their new shows.

That Chuck/Jake story of mine is now posted at TVGuide.com. Anyone interested should take a minute and post a comment over there about how much you want Jake 2.0 on DVD. The more comments the better! If you don't have a log-on with TVGuide.com then just take a moment and register...it's free and it won't get you any spam.

Here's the link to my story:
Where is Chuck's "Cousin" Jake on DVD? - DVD News | TVGuide.com

Hopefully we can convince CBS/Paramount to release it, or else license to someone (like Shout!, Arts Alliance, Koch/E1, MPI, etc.) and let them release it. This should REALLY be a no-brainer!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

LCD22

Screenwriter
I had wondered why you were silent on this. Thanks David. I posted a comment, though I wish there was a way to edit over there.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Well, I haven't had time to hang out around here much...in like the past year. I've made an effort this week to contribute to a few threads, but I don't anticipate keeping it up too long. Busy busy busy.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks