What's new

Need help hooking up home theater to TV (1 Viewer)

dubfunkstar

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
Okay so I have a brand new 42" Panasonic Plasma TV..Also I just got a new SamSung home theater system the model on that is the HT-Z310 I have it hooked up with a HDMI and I can get sound out of when I watch TV. I have tried on the TV to make the VIEJA link is set for the HDMI and when I turn itr on the remote will then controle the volume on the Samsung unity but still no sound....what am I doing wrong?

Gamut

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Your sentence structure and spelling make your situation almost impossible to diagnose.

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
I don't understand your question. First you say, you get sound out of it when you watch TV, then you say "still no sound"

SethH

Senior HTF Member
How are you getting a signal to your TV? Are you using the tuner inside your TV or do you have an external cable or satelite box?

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
It doesn't sound like you have the TV's sound output connected to the home theater system. You only have the HDMI for video from the DVD/receiver to the TV, but no sound connection. HDMI doesn't carry sound from the TV to the receiver. You need to connect the optical digital audio out on the TV to the input on the receiver.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the forum Robert. Along with a couple of others, I find your initial post very difficult to understand—but I’ll try to answer what I believe to be your question.

Combining Seth’s question with Stephen’s answer, I guess that you need to run an optical, audio connection from your satellite or cable box to the Samsung’s optical, audio input. Then you will be able to get sound on your system. If you are using the Panasonic’s tuner to get your TV, you will need to run the optical connection from your TV to the Samsung.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks