What's new

WHV Announcement: The Jetsons Season 2 Volume 1 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
logos_jetsons.jpg

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
interesting to see that only 100,000 copies of the first season of the Jetsons were sold.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well I never got around to getting the first season of 'The Jetsons' but I definitely will now knowing that the 80's continuation of the series is being released. Also, a huge thanks to TSoD for informing about "The Jetsons Movie". I've waited forever and a day for that to be released. Fond childhood memories!

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

I'm trying to be optimistic figuring "more than" was the shipped element of the equation. Wonder how many Flintstones they moved.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Was this produced immediately after the first season--all this time I thought I had the complete series already.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I believe this season came out in the 80s. The 1960s Jetsons was only one season. When they reran them in the 80s they did so well, they put out new episodes.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

If you haven't seen these episodes I highly reccomend trying to see one on tv or renting a disc of this before purchasing. I'm a huge Hanna Barbera fan and have bought all the releases so far except for the Smurfs and Scrappy Doo episodes and I will not be purchasing this. There is a huge drop in quality. The original 60's version was made for prime time TV and this was made for saturday morning. The difference in animation quality and the scripts are very noticable. They also added a new pet character "Orbity" who is every bit as annoying as Scrappy-Doo. Most Hanna-Barbera fans consider the 80's as the big decline for Hanna Barbera - Scrappy Doo and these Jetsons episodes being prime examples why. So in reply you do have the "Complete" Jetsons already.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I'm not sure I mind Orbity so much because I don't remember him actually being in the show all that much. I think there might have been one episode devoted to how they got him though.

Real Name
Tom
The Jetsons, like quite a few other Hannah Barbara cartoons, is on my "to watch again" list, as I haven't seen it in years!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks