-

Photo
- - - - -

Gee a Year Late with NFL Films First Blue Ray

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 887 posts

Posted February 04 2009 - 05:57 AM

First they screw us with that compressed 1;33 edted "Road to super Bowel"
Thing ,Now they do their first Blue Ray on this Steelers ,
Yes I am a Giant fan,

#2 of 20 Romier S

Romier S

Producer

• 3,533 posts

Posted February 04 2009 - 08:39 AM

I'm a Giants fan also and I consider it good news to see NFL Films releasing on Blu-Ray. I can only hope they release some of thier back catalog in HD as well. I'd happily buy the Giants '07 disc in a heartbeat.Posted Image Same goes for the '07 Super Bowl against the Pats.

#3 of 20 Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted February 04 2009 - 10:12 AM

Here's the link, which says it's an Amazon exclusive. March 3rd release.

#4 of 20 RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,272 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted February 04 2009 - 12:08 PM

I'm a Giants fan too. I subscribed to NFL Network HD for just a week months ago. They had all the playoff games and Super Bowl for the Giants in HD. The only problem was they are edited to 90 minutes - you only see the highlights of when one of the teams was actually getting first downs, touchdowns, field goals, interceptions, fumbles, etc. I recorded them on the DVR.

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#5 of 20 Loregnum

Loregnum

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts

Posted February 05 2009 - 01:00 AM

2 years late- I'm a Colts fan.Posted Image

How about they get all the SBs out on dvd as well. I want to watch my man Steve Young destroy the Chargers again. Sheesh.

#6 of 20 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 887 posts

Posted February 05 2009 - 05:41 AM

maybe theres hope for the future ,I am on Time Warner so I don't
get the NFL channel ,and I really understand why they don't carry that

but maybe we will see Blue Rays comming in the future for all the latter
Super Bowels

#7 of 20 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,143 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted February 05 2009 - 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loregnum
How about they get all the SBs out on dvd as well. I want to watch my man Steve Young destroy the Chargers again. Sheesh.
You and me both.

I'd take the game before (49ers vs. Cowboys) too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neski
but maybe we will see Blue Rays comming in the future for all the latter
Super Bowels
Let's hope not! Posted Image

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#8 of 20 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 887 posts

Posted February 06 2009 - 07:18 AM

I mean the good ones!!

#9 of 20 Ryan-G

Ryan-G

Supporting Actor

• 621 posts

Posted February 06 2009 - 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neski
I mean the good ones!!

Um...I think you meant Super Bowls, Bowels is the technical term for intestines...

#10 of 20 DanMel

DanMel

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted February 07 2009 - 03:01 AM

Their first blu ray could not have come at a better time. I am a HUGE Steeler fan. Posted Image

I also hope that if a road to the Super Bowl is released on the Steelers it also comes out in Blu ray.

#11 of 20 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,083 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted February 07 2009 - 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_J
Here's the link, which says it's an Amazon exclusive. March 3rd release.
I've seen the SI commcercial and it says this is available in blu through them also.
facebook.com/whotony

#12 of 20 Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,131 posts

Posted February 09 2009 - 11:21 AM

I am glad to see that we will see NFL film titles on Bluray even if the first one is the Steelers Superbowl. I live in Phoenix and no I didn't route for the Cardinals, I instead routed for the Steelers even though I am a Cowboys fan. So we will all have to wait for that NFL title that has our team on it to be released. All I can say is the Steelers did a great job and Roethlisberger is awsume. But like I said I am a Cowboys fan but might just get that Steelers Bluray anyway. Posted Image
Supporter of 1080p & 4K video / Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose & LG!

#13 of 20 Mike Williams

Mike Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,020 posts

Posted February 14 2009 - 07:41 AM

Being a HUGE Cowboys fan myself, I cannot for the life of me figure out why a Cowboys fan would have rooted for the Steelers to win a sixth Superbowl.

*smh*

#14 of 20 Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,131 posts

Posted February 14 2009 - 12:39 PM

Ya Mike normally I wouldn't root for the Steelers but I couldn't bring myself to root for the Cardinals ether. I was actually rooting more for Roethlisberger than the Steelers. It will be nice to see more NFL content on Blu-ray.

I am looking foward to wearing my new authentic Aikman 1994 jersey once the 09' season starts. Posted Image
Supporter of 1080p & 4K video / Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose & LG!

#15 of 20 Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted February 15 2009 - 12:21 AM

3 years too late. The Steelers "Road to Super Bowl XL" was also released in 1.33:1. I was glad to see this "NFL Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers Champions" released on blu-ray and have pre-ordered it. But what I'm really hoping for and crossing my fingers is that they also release "Road to Super Bowl XLIII" on blu-ray. I loved the one from 3 years ago but was dismayed that they didn't release that DVD in 16:9.

Atleast with this "NFL Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers Champions" blu-ray they're giving us some exclusive content not available on the DVD version:

Blu-ray bonus content includes, HD Gamecast – 4TH Quarter of 2008 Week 14 vs. Cowboys: Just as it sounds, the Fox broadcast of the 4th quarter is presented in HD without commercial interruption.

Posted Image

#16 of 20 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 887 posts

Posted February 15 2009 - 06:24 AM

I was really was talking about that Giants set of playoff games and the superbowel
all is badly compressed Standard 1;33:1 ,

The dvds of the whole seasons of
each team are a different thing alltogether,
While now you see NFL films products in 16x9 ,These have always been
shot on 16mm ,so they are 1.33:1 to start with(at least the ones before
this year)
The videos of the games is another thing,All the games on that Giant
set were shot on HD,yet the dvds aren't from those hd versions.

so while someday they might do a Blue ray of that video you want
it might be 1.33:1 or cropped

#17 of 20 Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted February 15 2009 - 09:36 AM

I know which set you are talking about. The "Road to Super Bowl" series I mentioned in the post above yours. They did the same crappy 1.33:1 presentation for XL, XLI, and XLII. So it wasn't just the Giants season they crapped on. All those playoff/Super Bowl games would have been shot in HD and should have been released in blu-ray or atleast 16:9 DVD before blu-ray was really part of the equation. So hopefully they'll do "Road to Super Bowl XLIII" right and release it in HD on blu-ray. I'm cautiously optomistic since they are releasing "NFL Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers Champions" on blu-ray.

I doubt they'll go back and re-do XL, XLI, and XLII on blu-ray, but we can hope.

#18 of 20 Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted March 29 2009 - 01:52 AM

The "Road to Super Bowl XLIII" has been announced by WB, and it will be released on Blu-ray in 16:9 HD. Posted Image Posted Image There is also the usual DVD set available, but according the the WB product page it is 4:3. What's up with that? If I didn't have Bu-ray, I'd be ticked. Although I think this is a title that would have caused me to go blu if I hadn't already.

Release date is June 2.

WBshop.com - The Official Online Store of Warner Bros. Studios: NFL Road to Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers (Blu-Ray)

Amazon.com: NFL: Super Bowl XLIII Champions - Pittsburgh Steelers [Blu-ray]: James Weiner, Robert Gill: Movies & TV

Here's the text from the WB product info page regarding the Blu-ray release:

The Pittsburgh Steelers looked great throughout their 2008 championship run. Now, they look even better. For the first time on Blu-Ray, the original television broadcasts of four Steelers victories are available to own in high-definition in Road to Super Bowl XLIII. In this unforgettable four-disc set, relive the Steelers pursuit of their NFL-record sixth Vince Lombardi Trophy. Follow Pittsburgh from their exciting Week-15 clash against Baltimore - the game that decided the AFC North title - through their playoff victories over San Diego and Baltimore again, to their breathtaking victory over Arizona in Super Bowl XLIII. Over four games, the Pittsburgh Steelers became super once again. Now, those games are yours to own on Blu-Ray.

#19 of 20 RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,272 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted April 01 2009 - 11:39 AM

I want the NFL- New York Giants - The Road to Super Bowl XLII on Blu-Ray!

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#20 of 20 Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted April 01 2009 - 11:12 PM

I hear ya, Roland. I wish they'd go back and do the Steelers' Road to Super Bowl XL too on Blu-ray. I'll be surprised if they go back and do any of the previous ones. Atleast I'm getting XLIII.

Back to Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow